String Manipulation error

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

saschech@gmx.de

Post by saschech@gmx.de »

hallo

if i have a String Manipulation window with :

text_01 = "1234123412341234"

i get this

Error: Unresolved external function:'FCI_CONCATENATE(unsigned char*,unsigned char,unsigned char*,unsigned char,unsigned char*,unsigned char)'
Error: Unresolved external function:'FCI_CONCATENATE(unsigned char*,unsigned char,unsigned char*,unsigned char,unsigned char*,unsigned char)'
Error: Unresolved external symbol, function:FCI_CONCATENATE

Failure

Return code = -2

Flowcode konnte die ASM-Datei nicht assemblieren, da folgende Fehler auftraten:

FINISHED

Thanks for your help.
wolfgang

saschech@gmx.de

Hallo

The same problem with orginal Tut_32

If i test the code with the simulator it is ok (the same with my one code)
If i push the kompiliere to c no problem.
If i push the kompiliere to asm i have the error

Ihave work with tostring$[] i have also the error

File name: C:\Programme\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\Examples\Tut_32.c

Generated by: Flowcode v3.1.0.31

Date: Sunday, April 01, 2007 11:36:51

Licence: Professional

Registered to: sachs wolfgang

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com

Launching the compiler...

BoostC Optimizing C Compiler Version 6.52 (for PIC16 architecture)

http://www.sourceboost.com

Copyright(C) 2004-2006 Pavel Baranov

Copyright(C) 2004-2006 David Hobday

Licensed to FlowCode User under Single user Pro License for 1 node(s)

Limitations: PIC12,PIC16 max code size:Unlimited, max RAM banks:Unlimited

Tut_32.c

Starting preprocessor: "C:\Programme\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\pp.exe" "C:\Programme\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\Examples\Tut_32.c" -i "C:\Programme\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\include" -d _PIC16F88 -la -c2 -o Tut_32.pp -v -d _BOOSTC -d _PIC16

Tut_32.c success

success

Return code = 0

Launching the linker/assembler...

BoostLink Optimizing Linker Version 6.52

http://www.sourceboost.com

Copyright(C) 2004-2006 Pavel Baranov

Copyright(C) 2004-2006 David Hobday

Error: Unresolved external function:'FCI_LEFTSTRING(unsigned char*,unsigned char,unsigned char*,unsigned char,unsigned char)'

Error: Unresolved external function:'FCI_LEFTSTRING(unsigned char*,unsigned char,unsigned char*,unsigned char,unsigned char)'

Error: Unresolved external function:'FCI_COMPARE(unsigned char*,unsigned char,unsigned char*,unsigned char,unsigned char)'

Error: Unresolved external function:'FCI_COMPARE(unsigned char*,unsigned char,unsigned char*,unsigned char,unsigned char)'

Error: Unresolved external symbol, function:FCI_LEFTSTRING

Error: Unresolved external symbol, function:FCI_COMPARE

Failure

Return code = -2

Flowcode konnte die ASM-Datei nicht assemblieren, da folgende Fehler auftraten:

FINISHED

Thanks for your help.
wolfgang

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hello Wolfgang,

Can you please send the FCF and C files for your programs to our support email address (support@....) and we'll have a look.

saschech@gmx.de

Hallo Steve

Yesterday night I fight with my flocode.....

After i change in the "compiler option" all *.pic16 to *.pic18
it works OK.

Question:
If I change the "chip type" must i change the "compiler option" by hand?

Before this,i think all settings change automatically if i change the
chip type.

Thanks for your help.
wolfgang

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hello Wolfgang,

At the moment, Flowcode automatically corrects only the first occurance of "16" / "18" in the compiler options window.

This is a known bug that has been fixed - the next update of Flowcode will work correctly.

luyg

strings

Post by luyg »

I have exactly the same problem, Flowcode saying "unresolved external function". I am using the latest version of flowcode. Fiddling around with the 16f or 18f parameter in the compiler options make no difference
Guy

saschech@gmx.de

...error

Hallo

in the newest version i must also change the compiler-version.
After installing Flowcode,the option:

-ld "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\lib" libc.pic18.lib "%f.obj" -t PIC%p -d "%d" -p "%f"

I have nothing in these subdirectory Program Files !!
but in Programme.

If i change to:

-ld "C:\Programme\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\lib" libc.pic18.lib flowcode.pic18.lib "%f.obj" -t PIC%p -d "%d" -p "%f"

it is ok

Regards wolfgang[/list]

luyg

Post by luyg »

Hi Wolfgang,

Thank you very much. What did the trick was adding flowcode.pic18.lib to the linker options.
It seems to work now!

Guy

saschech@gmx.de

..error

Hallo Benj

Is these normal?

Regards wolfgang

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Wolfgang

I think that the linker options may get corrupted after installing the patch / latest install on certain machines. This problem can be automatically fixed by clicking the restore defaults button in the compiler options window.

luyg

Post by luyg »

Hi Benj and Wolfgang,

The restore button does not fix it, because I tried it a couple of times. I had to manually add the flowcode.pic.18.lib ..... It doesn't appear by itself and adding this manually really cured the problem

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I'm not sure why this has gone wrong. Is anyone else having the same problem?

If anyone is interested, this is what is happening...

On installation, Flowcode sets the following registry key with the compiler setting defaults:

Code: Select all

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MatrixMM\FlowCodeV3\DefaultCompiler
For example, the "DefaultAssemblerSwitches" entry gets set to:

-ld "[INSTALLDIR]BoostC\lib" libc.pic16.lib flowcode.pic16.lib "%f.obj" -t PIC%p -d "%d" -p "%f"
(where [INSTALLDIR] is the installation directory selected during installation - by default, this is %PROGRAM_FILES%\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3").

When Flowcode runs, it gets its compiler settings from the following location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\matrixmm\FlowCodeV3\Compiler
If these settings do not exist, then the ones in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE are used instead. If these are also empty, then Flowcode will use some hard-coded defaults instead.

If you ever change the settings in the "Compiler Options" window, these new settings are stored in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER area.

Clicking on the "Restore Defaults" button will copy the settings in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (or from the hardcoded defaults) to HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

luyg

Post by luyg »

Hi,

This could be a reason. My default assembler swiches look like this:

-v -t PIC%p "%f.c"

saschech@gmx.de

...error

Hallo Steve

I look in the registry there are the the same as you say,
-ld "C:\Programme\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\lib" libc.pic18.lib flowcode.pic18.lib "%f.obj" -t PIC%p -d "%d" -p "%f"

but i press the "Restore Defaults"
then there is a ather one.

-ld "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\lib" libc.pic18.lib "%f.obj" -t PIC%p -
d "%d" -p "%f"

[/list][/list]

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hello Wolfgang,

Are the entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE correct? If not, you may want to alter them so they are correct.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hello Guy,

What version of Flowcode are you using? I don't know why the defaults are like that.

luyg

Post by luyg »

HI, I am using V3.2.2.40. I don't think there is anything newer.. :D

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Guy,

I really don't know why these settings should have changed. Assuming it all works for you at the moment, it is probably best to leave it as it is.

luyg

Post by luyg »

Steve,
Thanks, I think so too.

saschech@gmx.de

...error

Hallo Steve

My newest look,the regiytree-cleaner says the key is not ok?
Du you now why?

Regards wolfgang

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Sorry Wolfgang, I don't know why that is.