Flowcode 3.2

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

saschech@gmx.de

Flowcode 3.2

Post by saschech@gmx.de »

Hello

I have test the new things in the update;i have two question:

Variables window sortet .... "or order" what do you mean?

What can i do with the new "user component "?

Thanks

wolfgang

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hello Wolfgang,

The first question has a simple answer:

The variables listed in the "Variable Manager" window can now be sorted by name or type (by clicking the appropriate column heading). Click the column twice to arrange the list backwards.

The second is much longer...

The new "custom component" (or "user component") is something we use internally when we are working on new components. I thought I'd include it in this latest release as an additional freebie. It allows you to create a number of 'C' functions that you can then access via the "component macro" icon.

To use it, edit the "Custom_Code.c" file in the "Components" directory.

You can give the component properties (in it's property page) that are then inserted into the 'C' code when the functions are created. I think you can also define its pin connections as well.

I don't want to explain too much. It can be used by 'C' programmers as a way of including their own 'C' functions within Flowcode, or as a starting point for creating your own component. But bear in mind that you need to understand 'C'.

It does not perform any simulation - it is just a tool for creating and managing your C code.

Also, I am releasing it unsupported. Please play around with it if you want, but I do not want to spend hours on end documenting it and debugging other people's C code.

And if anyone uses it and finds that their "custom component" might be useful for others, then please send it to me or Ben. If we agree, we might even turn it into a true component and include it with Flowcode.

Chet

Post by Chet »

Steve, I would like to suggest, you could make the 32 bit float a real Flowcode feature that simulates. It seems everything you need to do it is there with the boostC 32bit library. Regards, Chet

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Chet,

That one's on the list, but it is not trivial. It will be a feature of v4.