which timer is being used?

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

chevy6600
Flowcode V4 User

which timer is being used?

Post by chevy6600 »

Hi guys, i am using capture/compare in PWM servo controler as per your `multi servo controler` . i have added a `delay` component into flowcode and i believe it is causing a `glitch` in the signal pulse.
Q. which timer does flowcode use for the `delay` component?, i think that it might be upsetting the timers used in the capture/compare. :|

P.S. i see that there is a delay used in the `button` component for a de-bounce, i presume this is using a timer as well.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: which timer is being used?

Post by Benj »

Hello Chevvy

The delays are software based and do not use the hardware timers. Same goes for the switch debounce.

chevy6600
Flowcode V4 User

Re: which timer is being used?

Post by chevy6600 »

Thanks benj, o.k., the signal pulse glitch appears as though it has lost the compare value to bring the pulse down, ie. the pulse stays high until the start of the next pulse which causes the glitch pulse to finish by default, the pulse train then appears to be ok. for maybe 16 pulses then another glitch appears, so i thought some thing is stopping or loosing on of the timer values. So, have you any ideas that may cause my problem?.
Thanks in advance.

p.s. is there any way that the delay component can interfer with the capture/compare?