Connecting two Multiprogrammers via Internet Boards

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

jgriffin

Connecting two Multiprogrammers via Internet Boards

Post by jgriffin »

All,

I am attempting to send data (1-byte) using TCP via a network from one Multiprogrammer board (Master) to another (Slave). I have read the documentation on the Internet board and Flowcode Macros. Using that information, I have written Master and Slave Flowcode programs. But, have not been able to get the two board to talk to each other.

I have setup the hardware with different Mac and IP addresses on both and connected them to a small hub. Valid connections are indicated by lights on hub and Internet boards.

I created sockets (0,0,1) on both the Master and Slave and can connect to each using the TCP Macros, i.e. the "RETURN" values from the various Macros indicate successful results.

I have used a simple Tx_start, Tx_sendbyte and Tx_end sequence to transmit the data and a Rx_data_available, Rx_readbyte to receive the data.

However, the Rx_data_available Macro on the Slave always returns "0" - no data available. Also, Ethereal indicate valid ARP from both the Master and Slave. Each send SYN segments but both reply with RST segments.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jack Griffin

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi,

It's been a while since I've done anyhting with these boards, so nothing springs to mind immediately. Please send your programs and a description of your hardware setup to our support email address and we'll have a look. (The support email can be found from the "contact us" link of our main web page).