Dspic30F6010A

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

Mikat

Dspic30F6010A

Post by Mikat »

Hi.

Any change to get Flowcode support that processor? I modified the 5016 fcd file to 6010A, but it gives error something like "Error configuration '__FGS sec not valid in 30F6010A processor." at asm compiler about the configuration words if I change the processor config data at PPP, but if I leave the config data at "default" it compiles fine, but there is no config data ...
It gives same error even if I modified the FGS word same what the mplab gives...

Mika

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: Dspic30F6010A

Post by DavidA »

Hi Mikat,

We are working on Flowcode v5 dsPIC at the moment, I think this chip should be included.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Mikat,

Yes I can confirm this device will be included in v5.

Can you post up the v4 FCD you have created and I will give it a quick go here to see if there are any problems with it that are causing the issues you are experiencing.

beambase

Post by beambase »

Hello
do you have any timescale when we can expect the Version 5 of dsPIC? I am realy looking forward to this new release.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Thanks for your interest. We are currently cramming in new features like the latest EP range of devices, an upgraded compiler, full interrupt pin and port support with simulation, better UART / SPI / I2C / PWM peripheral support plus more. We currently have most of the jobs ticked off but one of the main pieces of work remaining is to add some kind of a DSP based component using the Microchip DSP libraries.

Therefore I don't think dsPIC will make the planned July release but hopefully should be ready shortly after that. Maybe around the end of summer.

There is a potential that we may release dsPIC without the full DSP compatibility and release this as a future free upgrade but I am not at all sure about this. If I can push this through then there is a chance it will be part of the July release.