Unable to use GSM and GPS Modules simultaneously

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

awaisnaz

Unable to use GSM and GPS Modules simultaneously

Post by awaisnaz »

I am using the following chips:
PIC18f2550
GSM Module SIM900D at 9600 baudrate
GPS Module M-89 at 4800 baudrate

Problem is that, I can not combine both functions at the same time in flowcode software. If I use GSM module in my flowcode then I lose functionality of GPS ie the GPS flowcode module never responds, and vice versa. (I have used 2-1 mux to control their either gps/gsm input into single RS232 RX, and that hardware is working ok)

During compiling I got errors of tst variable used twice, but I renamed it in gsm component c file, and no more compiler errors. I have attached the flowcode file.

Any recommendations on how to use both of these functions (gps and gsm) at the same time. I can change the pic microcontroller chip if someone recommends that he had successfully used both these functions in some pic microcontroller.
Attachments
temp.fcf
flowcode file
(27.88 KiB) Downloaded 296 times

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: Unable to use GSM and GPS Modules simultaneously

Post by DavidA »

Hello,

Since you posted a Flowcode v4 file im going to move your post into the Flowcode v4 section.

If you require access to the v4 forums then please follow the instructions here: http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/support ... f=29&t=602