FC7 issues - SPI and zoom

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

pladnows

FC7 issues - SPI and zoom

Post by pladnows »

Hello everyone,
I'm switching to Flowcode 7 and would like to ask some questions regarding its functionality.
Firstly, after adding a SPI Master component I'm unable to map the CLK pin unless its in software mode. If, in properties, I choose a SPI channel other than ""Software" the CLK field remains greyed out and I'm unable to alter it. The dropdown menu in the CLK Remap section is at the same time empty, making it impossible to map the CLK pin. The chip I'm writing the program for is 32MZ2048ECM064.

The other issue is interface related. In Flowcode 6 zooming out resulted in shrinking the icons but not the text, which made navigating in a bigger project easier. In FL7 the zoom out decreases the size of both the icons and the text. Was this change intended? Is there an option to switch back to how it worked in FL6?

Many thanks for all replies.

LeighM
Matrix Staff

Re: FC7 issues - SPI and zoom

Post by LeighM »

Hi

Thanks for the spot re SPI CLK, yes a bug, most likely in the fcd for the device,
we will look into fixing that asap

I'll get someone else to comment on the zoom.

Regards,
Leigh

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Hi Leigh.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I can say that Pladnows checks confirm that 32MX and MZ chips are affected, so common across a range of devices if this helps (we haven't checked them all).

Please let me know if this is likely to take time to resolve, in-case we should need to workaround before the fix. Switching to software mode to map the clock, and then switching back to the hardware channel seems to satisfy settings for an error-free build whilst the project remains open, but lost if Flowcode is closed and re-opened.

Many thanks,

Brendan

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Regarding the zoom, I believe this was by design because the custom colouring of icons would also help navigation through a big flowchart.

As a workaround, you can alter the text font size in the global options. However, I realise you'll need to change this whenever you changed the zoom setting.

I will add this to our features list and see what solution we can provide, but I don't expect a quick fix for this.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,
after adding a SPI Master component I'm unable to map the CLK pin unless its in software mode. If, in properties, I choose a SPI channel other than ""Software" the CLK field remains greyed out and I'm unable to alter it. The dropdown menu in the CLK Remap section is at the same time empty, making it impossible to map the CLK pin. The chip I'm writing the program for is 32MZ2048ECM064.
For some reason the CLK pins for the SPI on the PIC32 devices are not included in the pin remapping functionality and are fixed to specific pins.

I have now fixed this bug in the SPI components, simply copy the two fcpx files below into your "Flowcode 7/components" directory and restart Flowcode for the changes to be loaded.
cal_spi.fcpx
(9.61 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
SPI_Master.fcpx
(11.14 KiB) Downloaded 302 times

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Thank you Ben and all.

Your considerations and early bug resolution is truly appreciated.

Best regards,

Brendan

pladnows

Post by pladnows »

Many thanks for the solution.