More wish list for V3/V4

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Ron

More wish list for V3/V4

Post by Ron »

Hi,

More ideas for Flowcode....

1) Display names in every block, have an option so that they come up empty. I use them once in a while, I prefer full comments. I delete almost all of the defaults and leave them empty.

2) additional Comment block icon that takes up the space of 3 current comment blocks (vertically). I like to place white space above and below my comment. This makes it easier to read and also provides greater separation between sections of code. I currently place empty comment, then filled in comment, then another empty comment. Justification would be left and center.

3) Input read and output write blocks. Port and pin drop down arrows. Please show all options, not half, there are only 8 at most currently for pins, and only 5 ports, why click mouse button to go down or up for such short lists.

4) RS232 component macro - Return value, please put variable button next to it. I have 80 or so variables, with drop down arrow I get to see 4 at a time. takes a long time to click down, and down, and down...

I am having fun with Flowcode, love it, but it has forced me to always buy the extended warranty for my mice now, I am wearing them out quickly (This is a joke).

Thanks, keep up the great work!

Ron

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: More wish list for V3/V4

Post by Steve »

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the comments - we are always happy to recieve suggestions for improvements.

I have already implemented 3) and 4), and these will be available in the next update of Flowcode (perhaps in the next few weeks).

2) is a good idea and will hopefully be implemented in v4.

I'm not sure that 1) would bring a significant benefit for the majority of users, so I probably won't implement this. (sorry!).

Perhaps in the future we should offer a free mouse with each copy of Flowcode???

Ron

Post by Ron »

Hi,

Calculation block - Can you make it wider by default 20 - 30%. SInce you guys did not like my idea of an Increment and decrement blocks ( I still think they would be nice), My variable names get long when in macros and I cannot read enite line easily.

Or at least make it so I can resize the window and provide scroll bars for up/down/left/right.

Read_EE_ADDR.My_Var = Read_EE_ADDR.My_Var + 1

gets evn worse when I have 3 different variable names in macros.

Thanks

Ron

vidor

Post by vidor »

Hi,

I would like to have ATmega 128, ATmega 169 support in the FC for AVR.

Regards
Vidor

PINTO
Flowcode v5 User

Post by PINTO »

Hi,

I have a suggestion to make easy reading of long flowcode lists.
If you could make the Icon's color to be set individually than one could assign a color to a set of icons doing a specific task so that when it's necessary to scroll through the list they can be easily identified, and just a matter a double clicking to open the property box.
My problem is that if i set the icons to fit into the screen viewing area than i loose text if i make the icons bigger than i only can't fit all the icons in the screen. Ya we can scroll down but i loose the place while I'm scrolling and than i have to start all over again and be very carefully.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Pinto

Sean
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Sean »

We will be adding support for more ATmega devices in the near future.
Keep checking the forum and website for information.

Chet

Post by Chet »

For V4, please step up to the plate and support the PIC32 Platform :P

nils

Post by nils »

hi

I enjoy programming with flowcode, but I really really miss more shortcuts/hotkeys
I know that clicking buttons is quite easy and intuitive, but sometimes I want to upload the code to the microcontroller with a nice shortcut, like you did for the whole "Run"-menu. or make it as opt-in in a preference menu so that one can choose which shortcut or maybe alter it.

I might be spoiled by software like Kdevelop or Kile where you can set your own shortcuts to any combination you want, but a few more would be nice to have, especially for the programming ones "Compile to C/Hex/chip".

regards,
nils
Custom_Code.c help needed? -> http://tinyurl.com/2y2mzq
Flowchart high quality vector graphic output =>>http://tinyurl.com/6sx2sx