Flowcode V6 Simulator

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

TedO

Flowcode V6 Simulator

Post by TedO »

Hi guys

I am experiencing a problem with a V6 flowchart that I have created to control a domestic fridge. The problem being that when I step through my flowchart, the program and the slide switch, which simulates my external defrost timer switching "on", works perfectly well, however, when I run the program on the simulator, the slide switch does not work at all! I have tried everything to make it work so now I am not sure whether the simulator or I am the problem??
The delays in the program are just shortened to be able to speed things up until it works properly.

Please can some kind experienced soul check the attached flowchart for me? I have gained tremendous experience with Flowcode V6 already but this one has me beat, maybe just a mental blockage!!?

Thank you
Regards
Ted
Last edited by TedO on Sat May 28, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode V6 Simulator

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Ted,
You don't need both input icon and ReadState.
So either can be removed.
The reason simulation is not working is because you have got the switch and LCD pin on the same Port B4 connection.
On hardware not a good idea, unless limiting resistors are used as if LCD pin4 is low to send a char wihle switch is being pressed then microcontroller will get damaged.
If you change the switch connection to a port C pin then flowchart simulation should work.

Martin
Martin

TedO

Re: Flowcode V6 Simulator

Post by TedO »

Thanks Martin......I picked it up when I tried to run the program on the breadboard......duuuuuuu!!
I forgot to change the pin configuration on the LCD.

I am getting old now!!

Go well!

Regards
Ted