Bluetooth Board on the Formula flowcode buggy

For Formula Flowcode Micromouse users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to the Formula Flowcode Micromouse.

Moderator: Benj

marcbernz

Bluetooth Board on the Formula flowcode buggy

Post by marcbernz »

Hi,

I want to connect the bluetooth board and the lcd board to the Formula Flowcode Buggy. What type of wires and interfaces am I going to use? And where should I put them.

Trying to put this two together without breakage.

Thanks.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Bluetooth Board on the Formula flowcode buggy

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Should work ok,

You would need an E-blocks splitter cable (EB635) or a 9-way IDC male to 2 x 9-way IDC females.

The LCD should remain in default and will be wired to pins RD0-RD5 so switch the component port to port D and the connections should be good to go.

The Bluetooth should have the jumpers set to J12, J13, J14, J15. That connects RX to RD6 and TX to RD7 and disconnects the rest of the signals as they are not specifically needed.

You will also need to wire a cable from the screw terminal on the FF to the +V terminals on the LCD and Bluetooth boards checking the BT board is in the 5V setting.

The Bluetooth component in Flowcode will need to be in software mode to allow the port D pins to be allocated to the comms bus.

Let me know how you get on.

marcbernz

Post by marcbernz »

Hello,

Thanks Benj. I will try this out.

Anyway, about his one: "The Bluetooth should have the jumpers set to J12, J13, J14, J15. That connects RX to RD6 and TX to RD7 and disconnects the rest of the signals as they are not specifically needed." - Where should I connect the RX and the TX on the Buggy to? Is it to the RD6 and RD7 in the P1 column on the bluetooth board? or It is to the RX and TX in the P2 column?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

You connect the E-blocks to the D-type on the Formula Flowcode.

Use an E-blocks splitter cable to allow you to connect both boards to the same port.

marcbernz

Post by marcbernz »

Any alternate wire that I can use for the splitter? No more serial cable available in stores. Can I also just split a serial cable my self?

marcbernz

Post by marcbernz »

Hi benj,

How can I put the bluetooth component in the flowcode to software mode? I am trying V6 and I can change the port in the proprties.