outputting serial data to LCD driver

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

rider

outputting serial data to LCD driver

Post by rider »

Dear sir,
Can some tell me how to output serial data in flowcode chart from port B , b0,b1 and b2. to seven segment LCD drivers cascaded.?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: outputting serial data to LCD driver

Post by Benj »

Hello,

It sounds like you need to create a macro in Flowcode and then use the output icons to bit bang the signal out to the LCD drivers. For more details we would probably need to see the datasheet and schematic for your LCD driver.

rider

Post by rider »

Dear ben,
Thankyou for your support. The datasheet for LCD driver Microchip AY0438
Ay0438 datasheet.pdf
Datasheet of display driver
(147.91 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
Please see if you can help me.
My application requires me to send the data to display drivers using SPI component in flowcode. i am sending you the flowcode file that i have created usng character LCDs. The file will be accompanied in the next email as i can attach only three files.

looking forward to your replly.

regards
rider
Attachments
go-LCD-S601D10TR.pdf
dtatsheet for LCD display
(64.48 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
AY0438_Cascaded.pdf
this file shows cascaded ayo438 as my application will need 5 drivers to handel three six digits (seven segment lcd displays)
(89.62 KiB) Downloaded 337 times

rider

Post by rider »

Ben,
Attached please find a flowchart for my application. The application required me to send data out to LCD display drivers for displaying of data on three (6 digits seven segment LCD displays). Data is sent via SPI port. How this data is sent using SPI component of flowcode.
Thankyou for your support.

rider
Attachments
counter.fcf
couinter flowchart
(17.5 KiB) Downloaded 310 times

Enamul

Post by Enamul »

Hi,
Please don't keep making multiple thread..I am now looking into the issue and if you co-operate me we can easily solve the problem. Your program what you have posted is far apart from your destination. so I am not guiding anything about program in this post rather I want to have clear idea about your hardware..
Reading all your posts and concepts, I am certain that you are going to make some display that we normally see in fuel refilling station..you want to display multiple data in multiple LCD seven-segment display. That's why to avoid pin limitation you have to use LCD driver chip and I have checked the datasheet and the chip seems a nice one. You can cascade that chip to drive more LCD display. But the main issue is not AY0438 chip rather which seven segment LCD you are using..please let us know. You can post the link of picture or data sheet or you can post picture of the displays.
You are trying to make something like this..but bit extended version where multiple AY0438 ICs with more LCDs. But we will start with this and carry on..to destination.
lcd.png
(23.07 KiB) Downloaded 2893 times
In Flowcode, you can't use normal LCD and this program will not simulate rather we will use SPI to communicate with AY0438 IC which will drive non-character LCD (7-seg LCD). I hope I can make you clear :)
Enamul
University of Nottingham
enamul4mm@gmail.com

rider

Post by rider »

Dear Enamul,
You clearly understood the application. The application includes three lcds each 6 digit and multiple cascaded display drivers bit extended version. The LCD is lumex go-LCD-S601D10TR.pdf. Following is the link to the same thread.
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... hp?id=8691

I hope this helps.

Khan

Enamul

Post by Enamul »

Hi
I have ordered one 7-segment LCD module to help in your R&D...Mine is following one..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150921240753? ... 1497.l2649
I have also ordered one AY0438 chip to test in hand. This may take some time but when I will get the program worked in hardware you will be available to test that immediately.
Enamul
University of Nottingham
enamul4mm@gmail.com

rider

Post by rider »

Dear Enamul,
Your are great!! it would be a better way to prove the idea. This is 4 digit dislay. Once the program is tested on it we can easily amend it for 6 digit display.

Regards

bercioiu

Post by bercioiu »

I put a sign in that thread because I`m interested in that project, I want to make a wristwatch with that kind of display. I wait patient for some progress.