Scheme size is zero or negative!!!!

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 5.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 5 or higher.

Moderator: Benj

saakis

Scheme size is zero or negative!!!!

Post by saakis »

I got these message when I tried to download the firmware to a 18F4455 chip. Trying to send fuse data is ok, to view the Pic Micro is ok from the PPP program. Programming a 18F4450 by put it on a HP 488 board is ok,but trying to do the same with a 18F4455 smd connected with cables to the board is not possible to program the chip, since the recognition is not possible and the message "scheme size is zero or negative"is coming up. I designed to different boards but same result! Any idea of what is going wrong?
Thank you

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: Scheme size is zero or negative!!!!

Post by DavidA »

Hi,

What version of PPP are you trying to program the device with? Help >> About in PPP.

saakis

Post by saakis »

Hello,
It is version 3.11.15.30.

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hello,

I see you are a Flowcode v5 user, please try the same thing from the PPP bundled with v5, it is a later version (3.13) and can be found in the Tools folder of the Flowcode installation.

saakis

Post by saakis »

Hello David, yes indeed there is the v3.13 in the tools of v5 but is only executable and I can't install it. Any way when I try to run it I have the message " Registry error:Failed to get data for 'CONFIG 8L' "and when I press OK and run the program PPP I got the same situation as I mention, Scheme size is zero or negative.
Is something wrong with installation?

saakis

Post by saakis »

Hello again! I programmed the same board, I could't do with the HP 488 and PPP, with a friend programmer using the Microchip software. The erase and download worked perfect and we did it in two different boards I made. Now I try to reload the hex with HP 488 again and it is not possible. What is going wrong?
Sakis

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

saakis wrote:Hello David, yes indeed there is the v3.13 in the tools of v5 but is only executable and I can't install it. Any way when I try to run it I have the message " Registry error:Failed to get data for 'CONFIG 8L' "and when I press OK and run the program PPP I got the same situation as I mention, Scheme size is zero or negative.
Is something wrong with installation?
Hello Please try the v5 PPP again, but to fix the Registry error 'CONFIG 8L' issue please try this fix in this thread:

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... +81#p32373

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

You could also try changing the VDD switching option in the PPP options window to see if this helps at all.

To do this tick the manual override tickbox and then try each of the three settings in turn to see if this fixes the problem you are having.

saakis

Post by saakis »

I tried all possible combinations. I also replace the power supply increase it to 14.5 V. Nothing. I don't understand why with 18f4450 is fine, what is the difference between them. I'm almost desperate , I'm thinking to by a programmer...
Sakis