LCD on port other than B...

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

saakis

LCD on port other than B...

Post by saakis »

Hello forum,
can anybody help me with an issue I have programming 18F4455? I want not to use the port B due the interrupt inputs I need, so I tied the LCD to the port A and also test it on port C. With a simple program, just a "hello" printout, only on port B worked. I also connect pull up resistors. In simulation (flowcode V5) everything is fine...On port C I change the pin C3 with C6 because C3 doesn't exist. What am I doing wrong?
Sakis

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: LCD on port other than B...

Post by Benj »

Hello,

PortA Pin4 is an open collector type pin and as such cannot be used to source current. A pull up resistor around 4.7K between this pin and the +v supply rail should allow the pin to function correctly.

PortC has pins C4 and C5 dedicated to the USB hardware, these pins cannot be used as outputs.

Would PortD be a possibility, no complications with using this port.

saakis

Re: LCD on port other than B...

Post by saakis »

Thank you Ben for your reply! I tied pull up resistors on port A but no change. Any way I used this PIC type because I need 2 8bit inputs, an LCD screen and an interrupt input but it seems to be a bad choice...Maybe I will use multiplexing to do that.
Thank you again
sakis