Pulling my hair over a simple test code

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

1Handypal
Flowcode v5 User

Pulling my hair over a simple test code

Post by 1Handypal »

Hello,

I am using Flowcode 4 to create simple test code to use in combination with Velleman RS-232 programmer. I have the flowchart simulating nicely on PC but when I load hex into the pic (16F84A with external XT osc. 4Mhz) it does not work right. I have tried all variations and combinations of the chart to create a similar design to no avail. Something tells me it is compatibility issue. What programmer would you suggest as the most compatible with this software? Can I go with Microchip's ICD-3 or ICD-2?

Thanks for your help.

Best.

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Pulling my hair over a simple test code

Post by JohnCrow »

Hi

Ive not used the Velleman programmer myself , but I would still expect the hex file should load into ok.
Can you post your flowchart on here for someone to have a look at?
It could be a simple config setting thats the problem.

A simple flashing led flowchart is the best way to test hardware (I think this programmer has a bank of leds on one port)
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi 1Handypal,
Maybe the last post of:
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... p?f=5&t=91
Will help?
If you still use expert configuration settings, then required Hex value will be displayed if that has to be entered manually as suggested on the post in the above link.

Martin
Martin

1Handypal
Flowcode v5 User

Post by 1Handypal »

Thanks for your responses.

I moved to the above referenced thread. I am still having trouble using Velleman PicProg2009 with K8048 board.
It looks that something is resetting PIC no matter what I try, however if I remove infinite loop from my chart (out of desperation, of course), compile and load, it seems that PIC does not get reset anymore. I even tried adding "disable all interrupts" at the beginning of the chart, still does not work right. It also looks that PicProg is detecting configuration bits as you load hex file into it and displays corresponding check-boxes, which you have an option to uncheck. I am very frustrated having spent enormous amount of time over this silliness... Can ICD2 and MPLAB be interfaced to Flowcode without any issue, and if not, what would be the best programmer to combine with this software for a trouble free play?

Thanks again. Your support/comment is much appreciated.