PPP Software

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Ron

PPP Software

Post by Ron »

Hi,

I installed the latest version of Flowcode the other night, clicking to fast and installed PPP. If I am using a Microchip USB ICD2 or USB pickit 2 programmer is there any reason to have this software installed?

Is there a way to un-install this software. I cannot find it in the control panel (add/remove programs) and there is no uninstall in start - programs - MM - PPPv3

Thanks

Ron

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: PPP Software

Post by Benj »

Hi Ron

No you dont need PPP installed if your only using PicKit or the ICD. However it can be useful for finding out configuration values for your devices. You can uninstall via the windows control panel, the program is listed as Matrix PPP.

Ron

Post by Ron »

Hi,

Every time I select configure from the chip menu my Flowocde appears to "lock up" and after a several seconds I get an error message stating no usb cable found (I think was the message).

I was trying to manually enter config bits to work with PICkit 2. I went back to one of our earlier posts that you, steve and I had about custom fcd files. I have learned a great deal from all of you, thank you. I believe I got the custom fcd file working, at least with a simple LED blink program for the PICkit 2.

Here it is, can you take a quick look at it, see if it looks good to you.

I want 20MHz as default with config bits set via Flowcode.

2007 - 23E2
2008 - 3FFF

Thank you,

Ron
Attachments
16F887 20MHz.fcd
(10.68 KiB) Downloaded 286 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Ron

Have you tried uninstalling PPP and reinstalling. Here is the link to the latest version V3.9.

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/software/PPPv3.exe

Also you could check you compiler options settings to ensure the path to PPP is correct.

Your configuration settings look correct.