stepper controller

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

moxy

stepper controller

Post by moxy »

Hi all, has anyone done a flowchart to drive a stepper motor with microstepping? I have built an H-bridge driver that should be capable of driving up to 10 amps. I have loaded the asm code from microchips AN906 which I got to work after fiddling about a bit.No expert am I, so fiddling is the right word. (seemed to be some loops that went nowhere! This code has 4 modes viz. fullstep, halfstep, microstep and a static "move the motor by twiddling the pot" plus it features current control by chopper. I need only microstepping and current control.
Best regards
Les

PS I just loaded Flowcode today so I have a lot to learn

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: stepper controller

Post by Benj »

Hello

Dont you just love assembler code, Im so happy it finally dying a death.

There is now a stepper motor component available for Flowcode which should make your life a lot easier.

Simply extract the contents of the attached folder into your Flowcode V3/Components directory and then run the InstallStepper.bat file to complete the process.

The component does not feature microstepping. You would have to do this by a means of bit banged PWM which could prove to be tricky. Could you get away without microstepping? If you really have to microstep then I would advise a stepper driver chip as its going to save you a lot of hassle.
Attachments
Stepperinstaller.zip
(36.52 KiB) Downloaded 429 times

moxy

Post by moxy »

Hi Ben, Thanks for the very prompt reply. I will download and play with it shortly! I have been hacking at the asm file I down loaded from Microchip and have got it stepping through the code O/K now I just have to program the pic and see if anything goes up in smoke..... I it works O/k can I save it and insert it into flowcharts?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Yes you can insert the assembler code directly in a C code Flowcode icon so you will be able to edit and comment the code as well as add other Flowcode features such as displays etc.