FC7 Components transfer to FC8

Moderator: Benj

johnsondav

FC7 Components transfer to FC8

Post by johnsondav »

Hi Everyone

Did you know, components that were designed/developed using FC7 and then transferred into FC8 'FREE' (this was before I upgraded), can be used without having the appropriate component pack installed. Yes - a user developed display component, when transferred into the free version of FC8 can be used and compiled, thats even without the COMM's pack purchased as well.

So, a users FC7 SPI LCD, can be used and compiled using the free version of FC8. :idea:

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: FC7 Components transfer to FC8

Post by Benj »

Hello,

This sounds fine to me. User generated components are unlicensed and so should work fine in v6 through to v8.

Going forward should be fine e.g. v6 to v8 but beware going backwards as there may be parts of the new component that are unsupported.

In FC8 the CAL components available from the Tools component category are all free so this explains why an SPI based user component is also able to work for free in v8. We did this in an effort to entice more Arduino and Makers into using Flowcode to develop and share their own components.

https://www.matrixtsl.com/wiki/index.ph ... _additions

johnsondav

Re: FC7 Components transfer to FC8

Post by johnsondav »

Thanks Benj for clarifying that for me. The idea that I have is, it is possible for students to work from home with a free FC8 licence, and given access to specifically developed components for use in projects that would otherwise not be possible. Of course, someone would have to develop those components for use at home, but would create tremendous opportunities.

Dave