Strange signs in forum

Announcements on new products, special offers or any other important information will be made here.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

ncc1502

Strange signs in forum

Post by ncc1502 »

Perhaps a bit ofline, but when i read articles i often see some strange signs (I marked tham Fat):

......... from the same port! The ‘Enable’ has been .................................. another Port in the ‘C’ code.

Do i need to adjust something in my browser (IE7) to get this right, or did something go wrong and dit the postings get scrambled?
Better safe then sorry

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: Strange signs in forum

Post by Steve »

When we updated the forum software a few weeks ago, certain characters (basically non-Roman characters such as Á, ö, ñ, etc.) did not convert properly. We have tidied-up a few of the posts, but it is a big job to go through the whole forum and fix all occurrences.

If there are particular posts you would like us to fix, then please post a link to these posts here and we'll try to sort them out.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Also I believe there is general corruption of some pictures ( http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... =28&t=6857 )and at a guess, some normal text.
Martin

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Yes sorry about the picture corruption. This was due to a seamless upgrade of the forum software not going seamlessly.

If you still have the source images then you should be able to edit your post and reupload the images. I know this is a pain and I am very sorry for this.

I have been going through any posts I find with the strange characters and removing them if they are particularily bad. Hopefully I can find a way of doing this automatically across the entire forum.