program using PIC18F87J50 not opening after activating

Moderator: Benj

jonathanm

program using PIC18F87J50 not opening after activating

Post by jonathanm »

Hi

I have been having trouble opening a project using Flowcode v8 I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no success.

I seemed to have some success when uninstalling and then manually deleting what remained in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode v8 directory and reinstall Flowcode v8 it then opens but once I activate my copy it will no longer open properly (seems to load all macros and then lock FC8 up).

Note: Opens and compiles on my colleges computer.
Attachments
LC02 Firmware - ULP V2.03 - 210412.fcfx
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 114 times

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: program using PIC18F87J50 not opening after activating

Post by Steve »

I've tested the project file here and there seems to be no problem opening in, so I assume it's something on your PC that is causing the problem. It's probably one of two things:

1) Some other program (antivirus, etc) is preventing Flowcode from running. You could try running Windows in safe mode and see if this project opens ok. If it does then it's likely that some other Windows app is the cause.

2) Maybe there are some Flowcode registry settings that are affecting the opening of this project on your PC. To check this, try creating a new project. Does the same issue happen? If so, then the registry settings could be corrupted.

jonathanm

Post by jonathanm »

Thanks

I can open other projects and create new ones but something is not right with this one and my computer thinking I may have to reinstall windows. :cry:

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Reinstalling Windows is a drastic move and hopefully you can avoid that.

The problem is with just this project file, so the installation of Flowcode should be fine and perhaps you are missing some components. Try loading Flowcode, updating the full database of library files, then restart Flowcode and load this project.

Also, Flowcode can sometimes appear locked if a modal window is displaying but for some reason this is off screen or hidden behind another window (search the internet for "window off screen" and you'll see some solutions).

And another thought - is the main Flowcode v8 version up-to-date? And is it the same as the version you are using in college?

jonathanm

Post by jonathanm »

All working now :D

Tried updating and that did not work :(

Ended up having to copy all the files from my colleges installation directory and then overriding mine with them. :?:

Thanks for all the help Steve :D