Pwm not work

Moderator: Benj

Serhii

Pwm not work

Post by Serhii »

Hi everyone. There is a problem with compiling the program with the PWM element. Returns lines:
D:\Projects\TRIMMI~1>"C:\PROGRA~2\Flowcode\Common\COMPIL~1\avr\BATCHF~1\..\bin\avr-gcc.exe" -mmcu=atmega328p -Os -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -funsigned-char -o "D:\Projects\TRIMMI~1\Flowcode1.elf" "D:\Projects\TRIMMI~1\Flowcode1.c" -lm -Wl,-gc-sections
In file included from C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV8\CAL\includes.c:561,
from D:\Projects\TRIMMI~1\Flowcode1.c:249:
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV8\CAL\/AVR\AVR_CAL_PWM.c:110:5: warning: #warning "PWM Channel Uses Resource Timer 0"
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV8\CAL\/AVR\AVR_CAL_PWM.c:495:3: warning: #warning "Period control register not available on target device, period will default to 255 + 1"
What is wrong ?

mnf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Pwm not work

Post by mnf »

Hi Serhii,
Please post a copy of your program and details of hardware etc
You can add attachments using the tab just below the message box...

Martin

Serhii

Post by Serhii »

Hi Martin. I use chip ATMega 328p (Arduino UNO and Arduino nano). However, as I read in the file CAL_AVR_PWM this chip is not used in it, but only XMEGA and Tiny. Could that be a problem?
Attachments
Flowcode1.fcfx
(10.66 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
Flowcode1.c
(28.37 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
prog.pwm.png
(279.1 KiB) Downloaded 2968 times

mnf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by mnf »

Timer 0 is an 8 bit timer.

Using Timer1 (choose a different channel) allows alteration and compiles ok. It may be a bug or it may be because Timer 0 is used for delay timing purposes.

Martin

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV8\CAL\/AVR\AVR_CAL_PWM.c:110:5: warning: #warning "PWM Channel Uses Resource Timer 0"
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV8\CAL\/AVR\AVR_CAL_PWM.c:495:3: warning: #warning "Period control register not available on target device, period will default to 255 + 1"
What is wrong ?
Nothing wrong just a warning that if you try and change the period using the PWM properties or the ChangePeriod component macro that it won't do anything as the "Period control register not available on target device" and the "period will default to 255 + 1"

Basically the channel you have selected uses a timer that doesn't support variable periods. Other channels using other timers will work fine.

Serhii

Post by Serhii »

Ok Benj, I will try it in the device.

Serhii

Post by Serhii »

Hi Benj. All right, I don't understand why the PWM initially refused to work, may not be the correct parameters set and the warning scared me? Don't know, but now everything works as it should)) Thanks for the help. Have a nice day!

Serhii

Post by Serhii »

Hi Martin. All right, may not be the correct parameters set and the warning scared me?)) But now everything works as it should)) Thanks for the help. Have a nice day!