No funciona proyecto con pic16F883

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

Fer_taca

Re: No funciona proyecto con pic16F883

Post by Fer_taca »

Hello Martin,

Unfortunately, after testing the result is similar to the one obtained in the video that I sent you.
Multiple unreadable characters appear.

I have also tried the example of:
https://www.matrixtsl.com/wiki/index.ph ... :_Segment)

and the result is the same. There are even segments that do not light up.

F.

mnf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by mnf »

Okay - so it's starting to sound more like a wiring / hardware issue? Except that you managed to get it to work from other languages?

I notice in the video that the display segments are very bright - do you have a current-limiting resistor to each digit?
I noticed with my 4 digit display that if I didn't pull the unused digit pin (d1 - pin 12) high (I left it floating) that digit 1 'mirrored' digit 3. Do you have correct values for 'low' (common cathode/anode) set correctly?

As a 'test' (whilst trying to work out the wiring) - I connected a pin to digit select (via a resistor) and another to the segment 'pins' in turn - to check which segments illuminated. When I had two 'digits' selected - I got two segments illuminated too... (Note I set one pin to 'high' and one 'low')

Elsewise - I'm running out of ideas....

Martin

Fer_taca

Post by Fer_taca »

The hardware has a resistance of 150 Ohms in each segment. Perhaps it is a little low and that is why the digits seem to shine a little.

With other languages it works perfectly, so I rule out that it is a hardware problem.

But I would like to pass the same project to Flowcode.

The same thing also happens to me that I don't know where to cover the problem to solve it, that's why the reason for the queries in this forum.

Could it be a problem with the compiler?

F.

mnf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by mnf »

I doubt it's a problem with the compiler. The fact it all works from another compiler is odd though :?

What happens if you try to light a single segment - output 0 to a digit select pin and 1 to segment pin (using output icons or add single digital pins as properties and do select = 0, segment = 1 in a calculation block) - swap 0 and 1 if segment doesn't light....

Martin

Fer_taca

Post by Fer_taca »

Martín,

Ha recibido el mensaje privado que le he enviado hoy?

F.