Replacing a Component

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

AbhijitR

Replacing a Component

Post by AbhijitR »

Hello!

I am trying to replace one component "gLCD_SSD1306_i2c1" with "gLCD_SH1106_I2C1" first of all is that possible and will this type of action change or migrate to the new component and all of its MACROS, i tried doing that but on right clicking the SH1106 and trying to replace nothing is shown, i mean the replace window is not shown.

Is it that this function wont work for such type of replacement (as driver is changing) or am i doing something wrong.

Abhi

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Replacing a Component

Post by Benj »

Hello Abhi,

I detail the Selection -> Replace functionality here.

Let us know how you get on.

AbhijitR

Post by AbhijitR »

Hello! Ben
good morning

Kindly correct me if i do not understand, did you prompt me to read something "here"?
I detail the Selection -> Replace functionality here.
Unfortunately i do not see the "Replace" option elsewhere but only after right clicking the component in the 2D dashboard.

i tried to add one more "gLCD_SSD1306_i2c2" and after right clicking that i see the Replace function showing different options to replace, but if i right click the one which i want to replace (the original in the previous chart) i can only click the replace function button but nothing shows up, is it because i have used that display MACRO so many times in the chart and the software is not able to realize, i am not to correct person to analyze this situation but this is what came to my mind.

i also added just in case needed the one i want to replace "gLCD_SH1106_I2C1" in the 2D dashboard so i will receive this display as an option to replace but after pressing the replace button the expected replace option window do not pop out to show the available options.

My concern is if i need to replace all the MACROS manually it is very very tiring job, hope to hear you soon.

Abhi

AbhijitR

Post by AbhijitR »

Hello! Ben

Following few trials it has come to my notice that after deleting those MACROS of the previous/old display "gLCD_SSD1306_i2c2" which are not compatible or available in the new display "gLCD_SH1106_I2C1" the option of replacing popped and i was able to migrate the display too, i load the new chart with the new display and it works for the moment, i shall keep posted.

Abhi

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Sorry link here.
https://matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewtopi ... 201#p90201

Glad you've gotten somewhere with it now.