Modbus TCP, not supported component?

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

MikeVerweij

Modbus TCP, not supported component?

Post by MikeVerweij »

Hello,

For a current project i am using flowcode 8 to make a modbus TCP master and slave (client and server). But i've run into some problems.... The hardware i am using is a eblocks 2 multiprogrammer (BL0080). With the PIC16F18877. This one is the slave, with the thernet component from eblocks 2(BL0187-1). For the master I am using a arduino mega2560(with ethernet-shield).

I've managed to make a working TCP master on the arduino with the software from arduino(tested with modbus-pull on my pc). But now i want to make a modbus TCP master and slave in flowcode 8. I found some examples on the forum and tried to adjust and implement these on my hardware. For the arduino this seemed to work quite well i think(not tested!), but when i want to use the component "TCP_IP_WIZ810MJ1" it seems to be not compatible with the "Networkcomms1" (see picture). Does this mean that i can't use the hardware component "BL0080" for a modbus TCP project? or is a update coming soon where this will be implemented? Or am i using the wrong component for my hardware? :?:

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Attachments
TCP SERVER.fcfx
Arduino mega2560
(12.75 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
TCP CLIENT.fcfx
PIC16F18877
(12.27 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
bee8a0fb-31ff-4f4a-82e6-c9150852b897.jpg
bee8a0fb-31ff-4f4a-82e6-c9150852b897.jpg (58.04 KiB) Viewed 1468 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Modbus TCP, not supported component?

Post by Benj »

Hello Mike,

We keep a list of the network comms compatibility here.
https://www.matrixtsl.com/wiki/index.ph ... Components

The BL0187 uses a ENC28J60 module from Microchip which is very capable but does not have it's own on-board TCP stack which makes it hard to build compatibility for in the network comms layer. We can certainly have a look into the problem for you but I cannot promise we will be able to get this working nicely in a short time frame.

Moving to the ESP8266 wifi module might be a good alternative option for the short term?

MikeVerweij

Re: Modbus TCP, not supported component?

Post by MikeVerweij »

Benj wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:36 pm
Hello Mike,

We keep a list of the network comms compatibility here.
https://www.matrixtsl.com/wiki/index.ph ... Components

The BL0187 uses a ENC28J60 module from Microchip which is very capable but does not have it's own on-board TCP stack which makes it hard to build compatibility for in the network comms layer. We can certainly have a look into the problem for you but I cannot promise we will be able to get this working nicely in a short time frame.

Moving to the ESP8266 wifi module might be a good alternative option for the short term?
Thanks for your quick response Benj!

Since i don't want to wireless i'll have to stick to the wired components :oops:

Now i want to try and use the arduino with the ethernet shield to make a TCP slave, the shield uses a W5100 chip. So i created a program in flowcode.
I can ping my arduino mega 2560 with it's IP-Adress, and i can find it in my router, but i can't find it with my modbus TCP slave tester.... i think that the problem lies in my SPI settings of the W5100 component.

Hardware i am using currently:
-Arduino mega 2560
-ethernet shield, W5100

How do i need to connect the SPI on the shield and how to configure that into my settings? :?:
If the problem is'nt the SPI setting's, what could i possible be?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Attachments
TCP modbus.fcfx
Arduino mega 2560 with ethernet shield W5100
(11.48 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
forum1.png
forum1.png (12.05 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
forum.png
forum.png (16.15 KiB) Viewed 1439 times