Scroll Line instead of Display

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

Derrihj

Scroll Line instead of Display

Post by Derrihj »

Hi Ben and Martin how are you and to all the flowcoders, hi.Now sometime i find my self in need of scrolling LCD Display line either 0 or 1 to work as menu scrolling,but Flowcode has one option (Scroll Dislay) that scrolls the entire display, take an example like, i have a message Menu of 5 contents with a heading say for example, PROGRAMMER INFO; on the first line (0) then i would like to scroll my menu on the second line (1) with a press of a button for example (1)- Wanyama Tom (2)- Tel 0725942753 (3)- Uga Tech. Without scrolling my heading (PROGRAMMER INFO;) It would be nice if this can be achieved.

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Scroll Line instead of Display

Post by kersing »

Sounds like you could just use the cursor positioning options and write the new data to the second display line. For other solutions Flowcode would have to buffer what you write to the display in ram which is a resource not all processors have a lot off.

BTW, when rewriting, don’t forget to add spaces to the end of the line to remove any text from longer items.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

Derrihj

Post by Derrihj »

Yes, i used the cursor option even before i put up this new post and what i did is clear line (1) for one second every time am to display the next message of the menu but it's not as cool as a message that just slides in letter per letter at a desired speed as when you scroll the entire display.

mnf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by mnf »

I did a small scroll demo...
scroll demo.fcfx
(16.17 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Here I'm outputting to the second line of an ssd1306 display. Because of the speed of the display the character shift left doesn't look particularly 'smooth' - a faster (SPI?) display would look nicer. It also outputs the text to display to UART (for debug or if you don't have a display attached?)
Note that it scroll 1 character at a time.

Here I have the text 'looping' - so once it falls off the end of the text it loops - though it would be good to perhaps reach the end of text and then stop? (and then delay and then restart?)

Although I've used an Arduino Nano - it should be fairly portable - might need to change the timing interrupt details?

Martin