Problem with Ghost running on BL0032

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

leoo
Flowcode V4 User

Problem with Ghost running on BL0032

Post by leoo »

Hi,

I'm using FC8.2.1.13 (with latest updates) to program the PIC on a BL0032 16-Bit dsPIC programmer using the BL0032 as the target.

A simple flowchart consisting of a LED flasher and a "Hello World" compiles, loads onto the PIC and works as expected, i.e. LED flash timing and baud rates are all good. When I try to run this using Ghost, everything compiles, and the file is sent to the board. The Power and ICD status LEDs on the BL0032 are on. When trying to either "Step into" or "Run", the message: “The chip does not contain the latest ICD build. You need to compile the chip before continuing.” comes up but after clicking "Step into" a second or third time the simulation debugger comes up with only the "Pause" and "Stop" options available, “Step Into” and “Step over” are greyed out. When Ghost connects, the ICT LED lights and the USB LED flickers faintly and then everything just seems to hang there. It doesn’t look as if the first icon in the flowchart is processed.

Can someone please assist in resolving this?

Kind regards.
Leo

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Problem with Ghost running on BL0032

Post by Benj »

Hi Leo

My guess is you are using the pins used for icd in your program. Can you attach your program so we can investigate for you.

leoo
Flowcode V4 User

Re: Problem with Ghost running on BL0032

Post by leoo »

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the response.Please see attached.
Test RS232 Comms GHOST.fcfx
(9.08 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
I'm using port pins B0, for the LED flasher, and F0 and F1 for the UART. I'm assuming that programming will be on pins B6 and B7, but i don't know which pins are being used for the ICD.

I've also tried different ports, e.g G8 for flasher and D0 and D1 for the UART all with the same response as originally described.

Kind regards.
Leo