V8 Worth the Upgrade?

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

Docara

V8 Worth the Upgrade?

Post by Docara »

Realistically considering the bugs that seems to be permanently on the forums, the change of licensing of components from v7 (you get less), is V8 actually worth the grief and expense of upgrading.

Obviously, Matrix staff think their software is great but since Ben and Leigh are not around the forums nearly as much as they used to be I consider FC virtually unusable due to lack of support and a good help system. I have paid good money for software which I can only use a fraction of it's capabilities. Is this the same in v8

Thanks

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: V8 Worth the Upgrade?

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I have been using FC since V3 and I'm a huge fan.

I am sure you are aware that developing products and modules as well as the forum support has a cost, not least time, so perhaps staff were busy with something else? Any issue I have had has been resolved by searching the forum or asking for help. Invariably in my experience either forum members or Matrix staff themselves quickly resolve. I found bugs in V8 as others did (in previous versions too) and usually they are attended to in a timely manner. I don't think any I found were a "show stopper" but I'm only speaking for myself.

If you are happy with V7 and have no need for the additional features that V8 provides then you may not wish to upgrade, although if you are considering it I believe there is a significant discount (40%) to be had for a limited time. Speaking purely for myself my upgrade to V8 was worth the cost.

Regards

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Hi
Obviously, Matrix staff think their software is great but since Ben and Leigh are not around the forums nearly as much as they used to be I consider FC virtually unusable due to lack of support
I can not agree with this ,Ben and Leigh I see every day a few times searching the forums and helping people ,If I look at the bug reports it is limited
and I never saw any SW which does not have bugs and issues however in my opinion FC bugs get solved by MATRIX and even by the users on this forum.

Docara

Post by Docara »

QMESAR - please note I did not say never, those guys used to be contribute to the forum twice / three times every day during the week, It was the life blood of FC. Hell Leigh occasionally posted when he got home bless 'im.
There are soo many posts here now which don't get answered - it never used to be like that. If either or both of those guys left there would be no FC.

For the record so I'm clear I am having a dig at Matrix not Ben or Leigh.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

QMESAR wrote:I can not agree with this ,Ben and Leigh I see every day a few times searching the forums and helping people, If I look at the bug reports it is limited
and I never saw any SW which does not have bugs and issues however in my opinion FC bugs get solved by MATRIX and even by the users on this forum.
I have to agree with QMESAR.
I have just taken a snapshot of the posts from Ben & Leigh covering yesterday and today:
Posts Ben & Leigh.png
(287.08 KiB) Downloaded 659 times
Martin

electron67

Post by electron67 »

Hello, My personal opinion ( Leaning on the forum since Jan 12, 2008 )

I also use Flowcode from version 3 until now and Benj, Martin (Medelec), Leigh, David, Qmesar, Enamul and many more electronic colleagues, with whom we have supported, even some do not work in Matrix and any way they have given us support and It helps at least in my person for more than 10 years.
I hope we last at least another 10 years and I think they will continue to support us in whatever we need.

Enrique
Thanks and good luck !!!