PIC 32 bit test compilation not functioning

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

crispin12

PIC 32 bit test compilation not functioning

Post by crispin12 »

Using the default compiler options as installed. on attempting to compile a test flowchart with a single while 1 loop I get this message.

Launching the compiler...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 8\Compilers\pic32\bin\xc32-gcc.exe -mprocessor=32MM0016GPL020 -O1 -o "C:\TEMP\Flowcode1.elf" "C:\TEMP\Flowcode1.c"
xc32-gcc.exe: fatal error: selected multilib 'micromips' not installed
compilation terminated.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 8\Compilers\pic32\bin\xc32-gcc.exe reported error code 255

Are the problems I am having with PIC 16 and PIC 32 default compilers due to the fact I selected to install the toolchains into a "compilers" sub directory under Flowcode 8 main install directory? The default install option was "common files" for the toolchains. It shouldn't make any difference should it?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: PIC 32 bit test compilation not functioning

Post by Benj »

Hello.

The compiler location shouldn't make a difference. Please can you attach your Flowcode project so we can try and replicate here.

crispin12

Re: PIC 32 bit test compilation not functioning

Post by crispin12 »

Hello Ben
I managed to solve it. I was being too optimistic by just using a basic while 1 loop and not bothering to set up the clocks and configuration setting for these 32 bit devices. My oversight. As soon as I tried compiling PIC32 complete working snippets taken of the forum the flowcodes compiled without problem, using both the PIC 32 pro compiler and the standard default compiler. I've also solved the problem on the PIC16 compiler as well (see the other post) so now my v8.1 installation has all the compilers set up and running correctly.
Thanks for help.