using Arduino Library

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Dutch

using Arduino Library

Post by Dutch »

With a lot of fun for ease of programming and the fabulous help i received from staf and valued members i made various hobby projects in FC. But i run a bit into limitations for oled screen drivers or even simpeler data controlled BCD displays. I have FC7 at the moment. I think, but am not sure when FC8 or FC9 was introduced there was rumble of Arduino interaction. Now when i see nice displays working or simplifing BCD wiring there is many times a link to a free to use certain Arduino library for multiple display use.
Is it possible to use this Arduino library in a way in a flowcode program to be able to use these displays. And yes i have the displays plugin. do i need to upgrade to FC9?

Thanks for any input! Regards Angelo.

Dutch

Re: using Arduino Library

Post by Dutch »

so the nej in this seems the library needs settings? so each library needs an 'conversion' table :?: lots of work.. :?

mnf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by mnf »

Hi Angelo,

The Arduino libraries can't be used as is. Converting a library or creating a new component is a fair amount of work - but varies widely...

What are you trying to use?

As an aside - it is possible to use esp32 C code and add to an esp32 project. The same technique might be usab!e with other platforms with a bit of luck...

Martin

Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Thanks for thinking along Martin. Well i have a project in an ATMEGA328P(B) where data is read from an external data stream. This proces happens a 1 to 20 times a second.
The outcome is put in an single led BCD display. The 7 led Cathodes are direct fed to outputs. The common Anode is fed from an PWM channel output in the same processor. Fortunately the pwm signal output is not influenced by the loop timings 8) .
There are no downeffects seen of an active signal in the loop or bypass. (varing loop timings)

Now i changed the number of displays to total 4 in parallel and the anodes are fed from 4 separate outputs sequencing on off at the end of each loop. Because the loops are varying in run time the displays are not evenly lit up. i think in the old days they used an external shift register or so for this...
for now im stuck :wink:

i found a very simple 4 digit display with TM1637h but only 'arduino' librarys :roll:

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

If I remember correctly the TM1637 uses a two wire communications protocol that is a bit like I2C, but isn't.

Flowcode v9 does support displays using that chip though.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (46.43 KiB) Viewed 11091 times
Regards

Dutch

Post by Dutch »

chipfryer27 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:37 am
Hi

If I remember correctly the TM1637 uses a two wire communications protocol that is a bit like I2C, but isn't.

Flowcode v9 does support displays using that chip though.
Capture.JPG
Regards
Good find Chipfryer! thank you!!! its an excuse now to upgrade to FC9 :mrgreen: :wink:. what i would have eventually done anyway to support the developpers.

i also ordered an affordable color GLCD using SSD1331 and is available in FC displays.

maybe/hope... the Macro for the SSD1322 OLED display is fixed too in FC9. i had a lot of help from the developpers but never got it working. I eventually stopped bugging. i could imagine repairing an older version of FC is not commercially thinking. i have two of these displays i never got working. wl see.

Il wait till the displays arrive and activate 30 day trail to test. TNX !

Dutch

Post by Dutch »

thinking ahead... is there an idea when Flowcode 10 is released? i mean i want to upgrade my FC7 but its about the end of the FC9 life span after 2 years. not that its bad or so... the FC9 ordering page is even off line... is there something happening :)

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Dutch wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:58 pm
is there an idea when Flowcode 10 is released?
News is imminent. We should have an announcement perhaps as early as today.

Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Steve wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:00 am
Dutch wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:58 pm
is there an idea when Flowcode 10 is released?
News is imminent. We should have an announcement perhaps as early as today.
patiently refreshing pages every second now for the announcement :D nah..

where would we find this steve ones out?

Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Yahoo! its there!

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Dutch wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:36 pm
Yahoo! its there!
I'll be posting on the other forum shortly. Please use the dedicated v10 section to post comments on it as it helps to have the discussion in one place. That v10 forum will be live soon. For reference, it will be here:
https://www.flowcode.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=13