ESP32 OLED display via SPI

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

AzaleaMB

ESP32 OLED display via SPI

Post by AzaleaMB »

Hello i was hoping someone could help me with connecting a ESP32 Wrover to an 1.5" 128 x 128 OLED just to display temps ect.

Im not sure if i need to use SPI Master or just use the SSD1351(SPI) component or both.

In the component properties of the gLCD_SSD1351_SPI1 which is what im thinking it need im not sure how to configure the connections and also it appears flowcode has a labeling issue on the reset connection as when you hover over it, it says Instruction/Command pin connections not "reset".

Could some one please help me with the code needed just to print a string to the OLED display
Attachments
OLED1.jpg
OLED1.jpg (28.92 KiB) Viewed 7444 times
OLED 2.jpg
OLED 2.jpg (42.58 KiB) Viewed 7444 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: ESP32 OLED display via SPI

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Please can you post your program so far and I'll have a quick look for you.

Also thanks for the info regarding the tooltip on the reset pin.

AzaleaMB

Post by AzaleaMB »

Thank you for your reply,

Please see the attached program, its extremely basic as i just want to establish communication to the display at this stage.
Attachments
oled test.fcfx
(10.01 KiB) Downloaded 160 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Pins GPIO34 to 39 are input only and so are not capable of digital output. Can you reconnect the display to other Pins, e.g. on PORTA or PORTB 0 to 1.

AzaleaMB

Post by AzaleaMB »

Thank you I will try your suggestion and see if it works.

I appreciate your help.

AzaleaMB

Post by AzaleaMB »

Thank you very much.

That worked, I can now communicate with the display you help is very much appreciated thank you again.

:D

rexkit

Post by rexkit »

Hi guys, can anyone educate me on SPI 4 Wire & 8080 SPI for talking to OLED Displays?

I ordered 4 @ 256 x 64 OLED Displays ( Link Here ) from China, and asked for 4 Wire SPI as this is how the Tutorial i was following is configured, but the displays have arrived configured for 8080 Parallel, so i am trying to decide if i should re-solder the board, send them back (painful) or try to use them how they are configured.

I am using a ESP32 and the OLED controller is a SSD1322.

This is what i am working on copying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnVeXkrrnPI

Im not educated enough to know if how the displays are configured at the moment is suitable for the project, if it is slower than 4 Wire SPI, etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Learn to know how to identify asbestos in plaster walls and people at risk of developing asbestos-related diseases. How to check for asbestos.