Microchip Curiosity

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

glennd

Microchip Curiosity

Post by glennd »

Has anyone had any experience working PIC16F with a microchip curiosity board.

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Microchip Curiosity

Post by QMESAR »

Hi glennd

There is a Curiosity board supported directly in FC which makes working with it easy and I assume a few people is using it as a development platform.
although there are a few different curiosity boards from Microchip there is one for 8 bit pic one for PIC32 etc I assume the supported board is for 8 bit pic's PIC16 and PIC18 , Is there anything specific about the board you are looking for ? :D

glennd

Post by glennd »

Hi,
We trying to send a simple programme to the curiosity 8 bit PIC board with the PIC16F18346 chip. Struggling to establish a connection between flowcode and the curiosity board. Is there any setup configurations/drivers/compliers that we may be missing?

Also is it possible to configure a 8 pin chip on the 8 bit curiosity board using flowcode??
Thank you

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Hi
In the wiki there is an example how to use the curiosity board in FC however this morning I am not able to download it
may be one of the MATRIX guys can help is with this :D,When I try to download the file Flocode tell me to login don't know why :oops:

Pcuriosity.jpg
Pcuriosity.jpg (76.07 KiB) Viewed 5804 times

If your board has a Pickit3 on board you can try to set it up in Flowcode to allow programming as shown in this wiki page
https://www.matrixtsl.com/wikiv7/index. ... _.28NEW.29

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Forgot,
I don't think that you can run a 8 pin on the board it is designed for the 28 and 40 pin devices the issue is the 8 pin VDD and VSS pins are not lining up with the board or28/40 pin device VDD and VSS