compiler error message

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Adainkeh

compiler error message

Post by Adainkeh »

Hello, I was trying to load the compiler hex code to a Uno R3, but it keeps bringing up the following error.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode\Compilers\avr\batchfiles\avra.bat reported error code 1

Can some please help in resolving this. Thank you.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: compiler error message

Post by Steve »

Please replace your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode\Compilers\avr\batchfiles\avra.bat" file with the one inside the ZIP file attached to this post, and then re-run the Flowcode compilation.

Post the contents of the "Compiler Messages" window here and hopefully we'll be able to see what the problem is.
Attachments
avra.zip
(366 Bytes) Downloaded 131 times

Adainkeh

Post by Adainkeh »

Thanks Steve, I've done just as advised but the same error keeps propping up.

I have attached screenshot of the error message.

Many thanks
Attachments
Error.JPG
Error.JPG (25.41 KiB) Viewed 4642 times

LeighM
Matrix Staff

Post by LeighM »

Could you also post your project.msg.txt file?
Thanks

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi. I've attached a new batch file to you. Can you replace the other one and rerun compilation.

Also, please post the whole text of the window instead of a screenshot. You should be able to copy it out of the window, or find and attach the *.msg.txt file for your project (it can be found in the same folder as your saved project).

Thanks,
Steve.

BTW, I did a little research into the returned error code and it could be that Windows Defender or another antivirus is blocking the compilation process. You could try adding Flowcode and the GCC compiler location to their exception lists.
Attachments
avra.zip
(373 Bytes) Downloaded 131 times

Adainkeh

Post by Adainkeh »

Hello both.

Thanks for responding. Steve, I have turned off the windows defender and antivirus but the error keeps propping up. Please see below, the project.msg.txt file

Target folder: C:\Users\Alex\DOCUME~1\FLOWCO~1
Source name: C:\Users\Alex\Documents\Flowcode activities\LED blink.fcfx
Title:
Description:
Device: ARD.ATMEGA.ATMEGA328P
Generated by: Flowcode v8.2.2.15
Date: Tuesday, November 03, 2020 20:14:27
Users: 1
Registered to: ADainkeh
License key: D51XWE
NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE
https://www.matrixtsl.com
Launching the compiler...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode\Compilers\avr\batchfiles\avra.bat atmega328p "C:\Users\Alex\DOCUME~1\FLOWCO~1\LED blink.elf" "C:\Users\Alex\DOCUME~1\FLOWCO~1\LED blink.c" "C:\Users\Alex\DOCUME~1\FLOWCO~1\LED blink.lst"

C:\Users\Alex\DOCUME~1\FLOWCO~1>"C:\PROGRA~2\Flowcode\COMPIL~1\avr\BATCHF~1\..\bin\avr-gcc.exe" -mmcu=atmega328p -Os -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -funsigned-char -o "C:\Users\Alex\DOCUME~1\FLOWCO~1\LED blink.elf" "C:\Users\Alex\DOCUME~1\FLOWCO~1\LED blink.c" -lm -Wl,-gc-sections
C:\Users\Alex\DOCUME~1\FLOWCO~1\LED blink.c: In function 'FCD_03d91_led_base1__TurnOn':
C:\Users\Alex\DOCUME~1\FLOWCO~1\LED blink.c:158: error: 'FCP_TRIS_A' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:\Users\Alex\DOCUME~1\FLOWCO~1\LED blink.c:158: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
C:\Users\Alex\DOCUME~1\FLOWCO~1\LED blink.c:158: error: for each function it appears in.)
C:\Users\Alex\DOCUME~1\FLOWCO~1\LED blink.c:158: error: 'FCP_PORT_A' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:\Users\Alex\DOCUME~1\FLOWCO~1\LED blink.c: In function 'FCD_03d91_led_base1__TurnOff':
C:\Users\Alex\DOCUME~1\FLOWCO~1\LED blink.c:176: error: 'FCP_TRIS_A' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:\Users\Alex\DOCUME~1\FLOWCO~1\LED blink.c:176: error: 'FCP_PORT_A' undeclared (first use in this function)

An error was returned from [avr-gcc.exe]

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode\Compilers\avr\batchfiles\avra.bat reported error code 1

Autoclose turned off

FINISHED

Regards

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Adainkeh,
It may be a bug,
But that could also happen if not assigned a component to the correct pins.
E.g a component is assigned to port A2, then you change a target device that does not have port A e.g, your Atmega 238
If the component pin is not changed you will see that error.
ore you have added component like LED and not changed it's pin connection
Can you look at the properties of led_base1 and check the pin connection.
You may find its nor correct?
If you are not sure then post flowchart and I can check it for you.
Martin