Parallel Flash

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Lord Grezington
Flowcode V4 User

Parallel Flash

Post by Lord Grezington »

Hi Guys

I am having some problems with trying to program parallel flash, I have attached my program I essintailly pulled from the microchip websiste for a very similair IC http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/D ... 9VF010.cpp)/ I have noted that this code though does not mention anything do to with the CE#, OE# and WE# pins.

I have tried doing the exact code as well as various variations of adding in the Enable pins and doing the requested toggling (seen in the timing diargrams). But I only get the 0xFF (continious 5V) on the outputs.

Please can you guys see what you can do? I ahve attached the datasheet any one version of my program I have been fiddling with.

Note
I needed serial memory as I need to output prestine waves at very high frequency that I cant do with just a micro.

Thanks
Attachments
20005022C.pdf
Datasheet
(3.11 MiB) Downloaded 173 times
Flash Programming.fcfx
Program
(23.76 KiB) Downloaded 172 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Parallel Flash

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I've created you some properties as part of the main project to help document the code and allow you to re-configure pins without re-writing half your program. I've then referenced the properties via calculation icons to help reduce the amount of code and icons you have to edit.

The datasheet isn't the best but the Sector Erase section talks about toggling the WE pin. The timing diagrams near the end of the document help.

Here I've had a go for you but it probably needs more work to be fully functional. Hopefully you can see where I'm going with my changes and hopefully I've got things right.
Flash Programming.fcfx
(23.5 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
Let us know how you get on, might make for a nice new component for us to add to the library, though at 27 I/O it's quite pin hungry. An output expander IC or used in conjunction with a slave MCU might make a difference.

Lord Grezington
Flowcode V4 User

Hi Ben

Thanks for this, so far it looks good. But I have not had the chance to test it on hardware yet. I should be able to get onto it this afternoon.

Yes, this whole project is extremly pin hungry. I have 4 of these memory IC's on my testboard (I am hoping to drop down to a smaller version later on). 3 of them can share the same DQ, but the other one can't. Address's are tied together with diferrent CE# pins.

I will let you know how I get on

Lord Grezington
Flowcode V4 User

Hi Ben

Done some quiick test, I have got the sector erase to work OK, but I am not sure Programming is working as it needs to as I am just getting a voltage spike up to 5V every 10ms (from the read loop) with no data.

I will see if I can slow the program down and perhaps go through it step by step in the morning.

Note... If only I had a 27 channel scope to mike things easier.

Thanks

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Ok let us know how you're getting on, glad you've made some progress.
If only I had a 27 channel scope to mike things easier.
A Matrix Ghost enabled E-block board can do this :wink: just saying :D

Lord Grezington
Flowcode V4 User

No success so far... I have ordered BL0032 and along with the Test and debug licence.