Autodetect picmicro

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

jacobsg

Autodetect picmicro

Post by jacobsg »

Hi
I am using my newly acquired dspic/pic24 board. When I am using the autodetect PICmicro function I get a message "USB cable not connected, continue, yes, no"

However the board work when I use the "EB064_B_pic16" factory test routine to program the dspic30F2011

Also if I try to reproduce the factory test routine nothing work and I get the following warning:
File sent with 1 warnings:

1: CONFIG failed to erase bits at [1f00000]
Contents of file are:
02 43 3F 00 B3 87 FF FF FF FF FF FF 03 40
Contents of chip are:
02 43 3F 00 B3 87 0F 31 0F 33 07 00 03 40
Return code = 0
FINISHED

Thanks

Gerhard

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: Autodetect picmicro

Post by DavidA »

Hello,

Please ensure that you are you are powering the device correctly (~12V) and the J1 jumper is in the correct position for the power method.

The warning that pops up is nothing to worry about if the device has programmed correctly then this just means some of unimportant config bits are slightly different

jacobsg

Post by jacobsg »

Hi

Thanks I sorted the config bits and all is working however the following problem persist:
When I am using the autodetect PICmicro function I get a message "USB cable not connected, continue, yes, no" although the USB cable is connected

Gerhard

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hello gerhard,

Is this within Flowcode? Or are you running PPP standalone?

PPP will not work standalone with dsPIC/PIC24 and is used as a tool to set the config data only in Flowcode for dsPIC/PIC24

jacobsg

Post by jacobsg »

Hi
It is within flowcode that I get the message

Thanks

Gerhard

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

The autodetect from the Configuration window will not work with the dsPIC because this tool only actually communicates with the EB006 board or HP488 Dev Board.

I think the plan is to have PPP become a standalone configuration tool eg loose features like the autodetect. Currently all AVR, PIC and most dsPIC devices can be configured using this tool.

Then we have another bit of software called mLoader which is used to program/autodetect the different boards we have. Currently only ARM and dsPIC are supported by this tool.