Arduino family expansion? DUE?

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Chris_MIRA

Arduino family expansion? DUE?

Post by Chris_MIRA »

Hi,
Not sure where is appropriate to post this, I was wandering if there are any plans or procedure for increasing the FC7 support for the arduino family of up's? A well used one that isn't supported (I think) is the Arduino DUE board. It is widely available (from RS components for instance) with some nice ad on bits (like a duel CAN board for instance).

Regards,
Chris

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Arduino family expansion? DUE?

Post by Benj »

Hi Chris,

The Due is an Arm based board and as such we don't currently have a compiler or code abstraction setup to allow this device range. We are currently working on adding the STM32 range of microcontroller boards but it is a big job and not just something you can throw together. Hopefully we can add this device in the near future.

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Hi Chris,

Although I understand you preference for an ARDUINO board which is not supported in FC however PIC32 is supported fully in FC, I am asking myself why you do not switch to the chipKIT uC32: Basic Microcontroller Board with Uno R3 Headers($29.00) which can be programmed from FC and from the Arduino MPI IDE even from LABVIEW it is also compatibale with most ARDUINO add on boards the PIC32 is in all means and aspects just as power full as any ARM device in it's class and in the PIC32MZ class they are even out performing ARM .

just a suggestion not trying to convince you to use a PIC32 :D
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (18.72 KiB) Viewed 3836 times

Chris_MIRA

Post by Chris_MIRA »

Hi,
Thanks for the tip, Ill go-look at the pic32! :-)

regards,
Chris