CLEAR LCD PROBS

An area to discuss 8-bit PIC specific problems and examples

Moderator: Benj

siliconchip

CLEAR LCD PROBS

Post by siliconchip »

hi all
ive attached a very small part of a project im working on and im pleased with the results BUT ... when this particular part is run i cannot remove the last letter from the bottom of the display when used again ie the part that says "sec" moves to the right 1 digit when the count goes over 9 secs but if you start it again i now have "secc" on the end of row 2 instead of "sec", ive tried adding printstring " " etc but cant figure out how to remove this when the operation starts again :oops: :oops: :oops: thanks in advance

bob
Attachments
test.fcfx
(26.79 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: CLEAR LCD PROBS

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Bob.
Just add a single space here:
Add a Space.png
Add a Space.png (22.51 KiB) Viewed 2657 times
Martin

siliconchip

Post by siliconchip »

hi martin
as always thanks for the reply, i had previously tried what you suggested but this didnt work and after much head scratching i realised the problem, the flowchart ive added is just a snippet of the whole design, im actually using 3 branches on the switch icon and each branch has the same parts you have highlighted in the reply, it seems the problem was that each branch needed on the printstring icon to be "sec " where as the particular branch i showed was the only one i tried with "sec " the other 2 branches were "sec" when i changed these 2 to "sec " it worked correctly, hope ive explained that well enough lol its now doing what i wanted but i appreciate your input many thanks

bob

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi, Bob.
At least you got there in the end.
Its a good result for you.
Thanks for letting us know.
Martin