FAT SD Card Data Logger

An area to discuss 8-bit PIC specific problems and examples

Moderator: Benj

George_B

Re: FAT SD Card Data Logger

Post by George_B »

Today i tried to use another GPS module. With the same program i get the data as expected with the new module.

One strange thing that is happening in hardware is that the SD card after some writes tend to fail. When i say fail i mean that the original txt file is corrupted and it can not be accessed from the program any more. Moreover, strange folders with random names of an unknown characters are appear in the SD card and cannot be deleted from the PC.

I run the simulation in FC7 of the program and it seems to work very smooth. All the incoming serial data is processed correctly and stored in a txt file as expected.

Any idea why this is happening?

Regards
George

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi George,

Are you running Flowcode v7.3 and have you applied the fixes listed here?
https://matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewtopi ... 63&t=19743

If you have then you could try loading the project into Flowcode v9 and see if that solves the problem for you. If it has then I can compare the component files and see if anything jumps out.

George_B

Post by George_B »

Hi Ben and thanks for the reply!

Yes i am running the updated version of flowcode 7.3.0.7

I add some bypass capacitors on the SD card module as well as pull up resistors on the data lines and it seems to run much better now.

I will try with flowcode 9 anyway and let you know.

Regards
George

AbhijitR

Post by AbhijitR »

Hello! Georg
good evening

A small input from me if it is of any help, i used your chart (FAT_Data_Logger_Simple_Slow.fcfx) from second post and it really worked good for me, no doubt i did few modifications about the execution of the steps without any problem, yes one thing is for sure need to follow the rules of speed. In my application i also tried to write the data to the micro SD card every second and that too worked good.

I have also noticed if the writing is done at high speed then also the action is not completed, so in my project initialization as well writing i am doing at low speed and again resuming fast speed for normal/other activities.

I hope this help.

Abhi