FC7 Programme Crash

A forums to allow resolved bugs and problems with Flowcode v7 to be stored and marked as resolved.

Moderator: Benj

Docara

FC7 Programme Crash

Post by Docara »

Hi,

I've right clicked on the 'Begin' icon at the start of a the code and FC crashed immediately - I've lost everything up to my last save.

Perhaps an autosave feature might be worth looking into :-(

Hey do we get a discount for identifying the bugs...cough....cough...wink...wink LOL

cheers
M

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: FC7 Programme Crash

Post by Steve »

I've not been able to replicate this issue here. Are you still having this crash, or was it a one-off? And I agree - an autosave option feature would be good - I'll bump up its priority.

Regarding discounts for bugs, we can't do it on an individual basis. However, there are some users who do help us out on these forums (including significant BETA testing) and we reward these people with free software or hardware - these are our VCs (Valued Contributors) and we are always keen to recruit more - please see here:

http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 596#p34625

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

I was able to get Flowcode to crash only by right clicking and selecting the PROPERTIES the "Begin" icon when simulation was running.

Instructions to recplicate the crash:

Create a forewer loop (While 1) loop, and start simulation.

When simulation is running, right click Begin.
Got the menu to open, and then try clicking on properties crashed it... Edit main description should open if simulation is stopped, but should user not be able to COPY the begin? (Seems that the edit doesnt open even if the simulation is not running... 7.0.0.4)
(I think at this point user should get the message about stopping simulation)
The exception i got was 4852 according to VisualStudio:
Visual Studio wrote: Unhandled exception at 0x0066388F in FlowcodeV7.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000024.

If there is a handler for this exception, the program may be safely continued.

Flowcode.pdb missing, using disasm:
0066388F mov esi,dword ptr [eax+24h]
--> IF you double click "Begin" which should behave like clicking right and "Properties", but doubleclicking gets the right error message about "simulation must be stopped".
Ill just keep the good work up!

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I see that bug now - thanks for pointing it out. This should be an easy one to solve!

triokenwood

Post by triokenwood »

I encountered the same bug, but was still using FC7 Beta, so didn't worry too much (I also wondered whether 'it was just me' !!)

Good to see that it wasn't 'just me' - I'll wait for the solution . . .
Bill

Docara

Post by Docara »

Hi Steve,

Sorry I didn't include the version - FC7 free 7.0.0.4 13 July

I have just loaded what was left of my project again, right clicked BEGIN icon on the main section, and bang FC has stopped working - I wasn't simulating.

I wasn't being completely serious regarding my comment.

Whilst I'd love to be able to contribute, I don't feel I know FC well enough to make a valid contribution (other than a stupid person hits random clicking buttons or doing things they shouldn't) but I feel I could contribute in areas of end user usage similar to below. If you think this sort of thing would be helpful let me know.

One thing that is driving me nuts is that on a number of screens a zero is already present in a user input box - say the initial value of a variable but there are others, but when you put in your own value the original 0 remains( eg 2550 and not 255) and FC flags up an error. PLEASE allow something like - if anything other than the enter key is pressed the zero is overwritten by the following input.

Matt

triokenwood

Post by triokenwood »

One thing that is driving me nuts is that on a number of screens a zero is already present in a user input box - say the initial value of a variable but there are others, but when you put in your own value the original 0 remains( eg 2550 and not 255) and FC flags up an error. PLEASE allow something like - if anything other than the enter key is pressed the zero is overwritten by the following input.
I second that request, Matt, it is infuriating. There are a few issues with that area of the GUI (to do with variable selection) where it is less than intuitive - and quite coubter-productive if you lose your train of thought.

Cheers,
Bill

LeighM
Matrix Staff

Post by LeighM »

Matt, Bill
Thanks, I've added the request to our job queue.
Leigh