strange problem with dmx recive

A forums to allow bugs and problems with Flowcode v7 to be reported and resolved.

Moderator: Benj

chrisbooth1957

strange problem with dmx recive

Post by chrisbooth1957 »

Hi, I have been battling with the DMX slave and wondering if anyone here can explain the problems I am having with it. I was using an Arduino Nano and i2c LCD display with major problems so now have made a simple version using an Uno and LCD shield to prove it is not the i2c and other things messing it up
The program attached works with my lighting desk, if I remove the second interrupt call before the one second display and the sliders full up (255) it displays alternant 255 and 000 (flashing), not a steady 255, if I now change the delay from one second to 1ms it works again. I suspect for some reason it is not waiting for the break (the start of the dmx chain) when it should. the other thing of interest is if I move the interrupt outside the main loop so it is only called once at start up the interrupt does not work. I am not sure but I think maybe it returned from the interrupt with the interrupt disabled hence why calling it before the delay has an effect (note I get a warning from the compiler about the second interrupt)
Attachments
test.fcfx
(21.84 KiB) Downloaded 219 times