Ghost not active on BL0032

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

leoo
Flowcode V4 User

Ghost not active on BL0032

Post by leoo »

Hi,

I am not able to get Ghost, on a BL0032, working on FC8 so I've reverted to FC7.3.0.7. The problem experienced here is that the Ghost feature isn't recognized, i.e. ICD and ICT icons are not active although the BL0032 is recognized as the target and it is possible to download a hex file to the PIC. I have used several different ports so as to ensure that I'm not using the ICD lines.

Is there any set up that I need to do on the BL0032 apart from selecting it as a target? The eblocks2_datasheet doesn't give much information; I can't seem to find the PIC in the schematics. I would appreciate any assistance.
FC7 Comms Check.fcfx
(8.32 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Kind regards.
Leo

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Ghost not active on BL0032

Post by Benj »

Hi Leo,

Which version of Flowcode 8 were you using. Just tried it here and the buttons are becoming available for me with a BL0032 board connected.

For Flowcode 7 have you applied the latest fixes listed here?
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=19743

leoo
Flowcode V4 User

Re: Ghost not active on BL0032

Post by leoo »

Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm running 8.2.2.16 on the laptop and 8.2.1.13 on this desktop.

Yes, I did a complete FC7 reinstall on the laptop last week and applied the fixes at that time, and have now applied then here too. The fault remains in that when the BL0032 is connected the ICD and ICT buttons stay inactive. FC7 doesn't see the BL0032 as a target until the Mloader folder is replaced with the one from the FC8 folder, then the hex file can be downloaded and everything runs OK. The ICD and ICT buttons remain inactive.

FC8 has a different problem in that the Ghost buttons are all active. If you Step Into the program, the Run (as expected), Step into and Step Over buttons are inactive and nothing happens until you Stop. All Ghost buttons are then active but when you try to Step Into or Run again, Ghost reports that "the chip does not contain the latest ICD build, etc". Compiling to chip starts the whole process over again.

Kind regards.
Leo