Can bus rate changing with variable

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

ruben_1989

Can bus rate changing with variable

Post by ruben_1989 »

Hi

We are programming a can bus analyzer and it works well. We would like to change the can bus speed properties of the can bus analyzer on itself in the Arduino. The variable can bus rate looks like a solution to use, but we can't change the value of the variable . how does it come we can't change it ?

Kind regard and thanks in advantage

Ruben Bogaerts
Attachments
cab_bus_rate.jpg
cab_bus_rate.jpg (79.39 KiB) Viewed 2454 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Can bus rate changing with variable

Post by Benj »

Hello,

You cannot change properties on a compiled program but you can alter the CAN speed by using some C code.

Are you using internal or external CAN. Can you post your program so we can see your target MCU etc. This will help us to provide you with some code to do the speed changing.

ruben_1989

Re: Can bus rate changing with variable

Post by ruben_1989 »

Hi Benj

Thanks for the information I write a new program for it . I would like to integrate it in the program as a macro that we use as analyzer its programmed in dutch I'm sorry. I write the program that change the data rate in English i did my best to write it as readable for you as possible . Sorry if its a bit hard to understand. we use an Arduino circuit with a MCP2515 external . for now the Analyzer works only with standard ID's .