Flowcode 7 - LCD Issue

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

linktech

Flowcode 7 - LCD Issue

Post by linktech »

DEAR/SIR/MADAM

Recently i have purchase FC7 from matrix and start with my first projects for my own. i have facing some problem in the display LCD after i write program in the FC7. the problem i am facing after competed the program in the FC7 i simulate in the FC7 the LCD display character its working well according my programming. when i up load the HEX file in the Protues 8.5 the programing its not work in the protues 8.5, the LCD character its blank no display at all. the programming and the circuits in the attachments please have look and advice me,what i should do? thank you
Attachments
FILE 2.docx
no display character in the LCD 16X2
(657.52 KiB) Downloaded 441 times

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode 7 - LCD Issue

Post by medelec35 »

Hi linktech,
Welcome to Matrix TSL forums.
Can you please post a Flowchart rather then a screen capture.
I have also moved you post to a more suitable section

Thank you
Martin

linktech

Post by linktech »

Hi, medelec35

The attachments i have send to you FC7,please have look the flow chat programming .

THANK YOU
Attachments
Flowcode LCD Voltage Display 16x2.fcfx
FC7 Problem
(9.14 KiB) Downloaded 468 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

At the beginning of your program before the loop you need to add a component macro icon to call the LCD Start function.

You might also need some more delay icons in your loop as you display values and then clear the display again without allowing any time to see the value.

Hopefully this is all you need to do to get it working.

Let us know how you get on.

linktech

Post by linktech »

Hi, Benj

i have check ,yes as you said is right , the issues its settle ready, its working normal, appreciated your support as well for flowcode team and MATRIX TECHNOLOGY with all technical supporter.

will meet next time if have any support required .

thank you very much.

linktech

Post by linktech »

HI,

Any example (WATT HOUR) project in flowcode7 , i am looking for this kind of projects sample, i am new in flowcode programming .

Thank you

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

For a Watt hour project there is nothing out of the box I can point you to but it should just be a case of doing the following:

Monitoring the voltage and current of the circuit you want to monitor

Converting the voltage and current into an instantaneous wattage P = V * I

Taking an average of multiple readings to give you say a Watts per Sec or Watts per Min reading.

Recording the averages to allow you to build up an accurate Watts Per Hour measurement.

If you show what you have so far in terms of circuitry and software then we should be able to help you through.

The starting point I would focus on is being able to monitor the voltage (ADC / op-amp + ADC) and Current (Watty Shunt Resistor + op-amp + ADC / Current Sense IC)

linktech

Post by linktech »

hi,Benj

What I asking its project sample write in FC to read the Power/Watt / Watt-Hour , because I am new in the follow code user, the OHMS LAW calculation its the basic as you saying P=V*I ok. I not asking this equation calculation, I just asking for example programing in the FC to read WATTS. I hope now you understand very clear.

thank you for your reply.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I understand very clear what you want, unfortunatley
For a Watt hour project there is nothing out of the box I can point you to
I then suggest how you can achieve the project.

Read through the steps I suggested and see if you can put together a circuit and program that does what I suggest.

Share your work (your circuit and your software) and we can help you to achieve your goal. Note we will not do the work for you.

johnsondav

Post by johnsondav »

Hi Linktech

Welcome to our forum. One of the most frustrating aspects of programing a PIC microcontroller is (I) having a good idea (ii) knowing how to achieve your goal.

We have all been there, so to get you started here is a website I would suggest you have a look at. It will give you some idea of how to use the 'Hall Effect' to convert current into a low voltage output that can be read by a PIC.

http://www.cy-sensors.com/CY-Transducer.htm

I have based my suggestion upon what I understand to be your goal, I could be wrong. Either way its a start. I always start a new project with - what devices do I use to convert that information into something that can be read by a PIC device working on voltages less than 5 volts.

Best Regards
Dave

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi!

If you look here: http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 712#p43013 John Crow made an excellent nice project with an Amp hall sensor ACS 712. I extend the project with watt reading (look all the treads). It is made in FC4-5, dont know if you have FC4-5. If you have you could look at it and maybe see the idea. If you seach "ASC712" you will find many example. And furthermore in FC6 there are a component for this wich work fine. Unfortunately it not work in FC7.

I think the main idea with this forum, is, we first always have to give a try by ourselves, if no luck there is always kind people here who will help. :D :D

Br Jorgen

linktech

Re: Flowcode 7 watt /hour

Post by linktech »

hi ,for all

thank you very much for your support and explanation as well,and what i expecting its not there, any how thank you very again

bye

johnsondav

Post by johnsondav »

Hi Linktech

To get you started with your project, I would suggest you begin with small incremental steps with your development of the project. May I suggest you start with an example program that is available for download from the 'Learning Centre' under 'Flowcode Examples'. Here you will find an example program which will display a voltage applied to port AN0.

here is the example program:
ADC Voltage as String.fcfx
(6.46 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
I know it is not what you want at this very early stage, but it is a hugh step in the development of many projects - reading a voltage and convert the reading to what you want using some mathematics

Once you get this part working correctly, then have a look at this module option available on ebay. It may not be perfect, but cheap enough to begin your journey in experimental program development.
If you are planning to use this project on anything above 50 volts there are many dangerous hazards you MUST take into account.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5A-20A-30A-AC ... qKh5oKwqtQ

The data sheet for the above chip used in this modules is based upto the one suggested by jgu1 - ACS712
ACS712.pdf
(667.49 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
This chip detects current across its junction using the 'Hall Effect'. You have to do the maths to convert its output - for the 20 Amp version at 100mv per amp. Therefore, 20A = 2 volts. using an op-amp you can multiply this by 2.5 to get 5 volts. If you know the voltage of the circuit you are trying to read the power from, then we simply convert the 0 to 5 volts into the correct Wattage readings. AC voltage are much more tricky as you must take into account power factors as well.

Either way, don't be put off, start simple and begin your development.

So start with the basic concept first - Reading a voltage at 0 to 5 volts I can help with the maths if you wish.

You may be surprised that many sensors give outputs within this range (0 to 5 volts) precisely for this reason - microcontrollers.

Dave

johnsondav

Post by johnsondav »

Hi Linktech

I have found this website which gives details of a project which matches your idea:

http://microcontrollerslab.com/digital- ... meter-pic/

You will notice it get its information from a voltage produced across a low value resistor when a current flows. The project has a circuit diagram to help illustrate how it works.

Hope this helps.

Dave

linktech

Post by linktech »

hi
johnsondav » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:56 pm

i have see this website you send to me ,this is show how to make watt meter in pic16f877a in micro controller but i do no what software he use to write for this project. i not see in FC software inn this website you send me the link. another one ACS712 i already have this current sensor 2 months ago i buy ready. now my problem is how to write program in FC to get watt . P=V*I in the FC7 i do no the program to write in this new software . before that i am using LDmicro to write all my MCU projects, once i see in youtube this FC7 software easy function write in BLOCK Diagram i like it and its faster to complete any projects of MCU. but i am new in this software environments, that whu i ask in this forum any one have pre-program for watt reading ,so i can download and understand to create new program for my projects as well. i need sample program in FC7 for watt parameter read. thank you very much yur reply and support in this forum for all tech supporter.

looking for your reply as well .

thank you.

http://microcontrollerslab.com/digital- ... meter-pic/

johnsondav

Post by johnsondav »

Hi Linktech

I have started this program for you - the Digital Wattmeter Project based upon the one shown above. I have made a few changes to the calculations given on the website.

- included a couple of extra variables to help the compiler, the two decimal values used for the conversion.

Personally, I would have gone about the maths completely differently. The conversion would be much simple just using the byte value instead of the clumsy conversion give on the website.

However, it does illustrate how you can use FC7 to get the meter working. I have not tested the program as I don't have the components required to hand.

Here is the sample program:
Watt meter Ver1.fcfx
(13.61 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
Please let me know how you get on.

Best Regards
Dave

linktech

Post by linktech »

Hi, johnsondav

I am really happy after I see you post me the sample programming in the FC for the watt meter. I would like to thank you very much and appreciate your help for me forever. and see you again johnsondav .

your regards

Link Tech

linktech

Re: Flowcode 7 - Macro Prog

Post by linktech »

Hi,

i have recently write programming in the FC7 for LCD Project. I am new user in FC7 and i have problem MACRO Function icon. i have write the program in 2 micro or can say easy way 2 pages.

1. Macro name: Main
2. Macro name: I_Panel

1. Macro programming is simple switch and led
2.Macro Programming LCD 16X2 voltage and current display.

The problem i facing in this project ,once i simulation in FC7 its only i can see in the LCD display shows Voltage,Current its fine. The second macro switch and led i can't ON/OFF its doesn't work and its cannot go to second macro page. How to solve this problem,please need help. the attachments is below my program.

thank you
Attachments
My First LCD Projects 2017.fcfx
(13.85 KiB) Downloaded 221 times

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi linktech,
You need to add a Macro Call to your flowchart and assign it to I_Panel:
Macro Call.png
(37.61 KiB) Downloaded 11270 times
Have you looked in the Learning Centre at links to Flowcode Beginners Course and Flowcode Training Videos?

Martin
Martin

linktech

Post by linktech »

Hi, Martin

sorry ,i really not understand what you tell me to add in macro I_Panel , can you please give me example? or add in my program i send it to you? is will really help me .

Thank You

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

I have added the call macro to the very end of your flowchart.
Attachments
My First LCD Projects 2017 With added call Macro.fcfx
(16.25 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Martin

linktech

Post by linktech »

Hi, Martin

You have add MACRO function in the program its works can go to I_Panel page as well, The hardware LCD also its working. But i have some problem also still . The program in FC7 its simulate steps by steps and hardware also works steps by steps accordingly simulation steps.

example:
When i press S1 to activate LED1 , I have to wait until the steps completely finish than only i can ON/OFF switch 1, and for the second cycle also i have to wait until finish the complete steps i can't ON/OFF anytime i want this makes me wait until sequence process finish.
so is that this software is works like that or my program have some error i can't figure out? can you please advice,because i am new user for FC. i always use LADDER Programming to write MCU.
The reason i start use this FC7 i see its more function devices and its integration with mechanical simulation and advance software, i love it.

please i need your support.

thank you

linktech

Post by linktech »

Hi, Martin

i was send my last reply yesterday 11/4/2017 i not get any reply from your technical team. For the FC7 do you have any training center in Malaysia? or have you provide online training ? please update .

thank you

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi linktech,
linktech wrote:i not get any reply from your technical team. For the FC7 do you have any training center in Malaysia? or have you provide online training ? please update .
I don't work for Matrix Tsl, I'm just a member of the public that helps out on the forums when I get a chance.

I'm not sure fully how you want your flowchart to work and if we did complete flwocharts then you wont't ge the hang of it.
I would strongly recommend watching the Flowcode Training Videos from a link to the learning centre in a previous post.

Attached is one way of interrupting a set time.
Another way is using a timer interrupt, so perhaps that is also something you can learn about.

Follow the Flowchart step by step by pressing F8 = single step.

Let me know how you get on.

Martin
Attachments
My First LCD Projects 2017 V2.fcfx
(20.65 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
Martin

linktech

Post by linktech »

Hi, Martin

I am soo sorry because for late reply to you as well, recently i was out of my country i just come back yesterday sorry for late reply. i have read your reply in the Matrix forum and your edited in my FC7 program its really help me to do my program and understanding more. i really appreciate your support in this forum your commitments who ever send question on this forum you have reply and support all the time. also i will watching video the link you send to me i will update you as well Martin.

Thank you Very much

Regards

linktech