Flowcode 7 and EB006v9 on Vista and....

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Flowcode 7 and EB006v9 on Vista and....

Post by christoph »

Hi all,

Currently have Flowcode 4 plus HP-488 development board but as they are both out of date and un-supported I am thinking of possibly purchasing Flowcode 7 and an EB006 v9 board.

a) Can I use them both on my 32 bit Vista Ultimate lap top?
b) I really don't want the additional cost of another computer BUT if I did venture in that direction, is a cheapish Windows 10 'HOME', 32 bit, 4GB Ram, 1TB HD system ok? What are the benefits (purely regarding Flowcode 7) for having 64 bit - if any? What - if any - are the benefits to having Windows 10 'PROFESSIONAL' ?

Would appreciate any input from forum or Matrix.

Many thanks

Chris

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode 7 and EB006v9 on Vista and....

Post by Steve »

Hi Chris,

Flowcode 7 will work fine on 32bit Vista. Flowcode is a 32bit application and I don't think you'll see much benefit in having a 64bit PC just for Flowcode, although there should be an improvement for other apps.

johnsondav

Post by johnsondav »

Hi Chris,

If I may suggest, its time to change from Windows vista. Support for Vista is due to end next year - April 2017. Support for the service packs has already ended as of - 13th April 2010.

You can check it out here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lif ... /?c2=11732

There are many benefits to switching to Windows 10. The 'Professional' version has no restrictions placed upon the user. You can get a quick comparison here:

Microsoft comparison: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Windows ... ss/Compare

It is true, the home Edition is good for most people, but when it comes to looking under the hood to resolve some hardware issues, you are locked out with the home edition.

Apart for all of the above - SECURITY

Nothing compares to Windows 10 security features, it is simply the best currently available.

The only difference between 32bit and 64bit is, 64bit is able to handle large amounts of ram much more efficiently. So, if you intend to do 3D simulation - 64bit is essential.

Hope this helps!

Regards
Dave

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

Hi Steve and Dave,

Many thanks for your respective help and advice - much appreciated,

Cheers,

Chris

alanwms

Post by alanwms »

My Flowcode 7 will not program chips on the EB006 - But Flowcode 5 will. I have had a request in for a few weeks with no response.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Alan,

Sorry for the delay, I did see the problem out of the office and then got sidetracked before I could reply. I have now replied to you on your original thread.

http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 715#p78407