Problems with CAN FC7

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

Chris_MIRA

Problems with CAN FC7

Post by Chris_MIRA »

Hi,
Im having problems getting CAN to work with FC7. Ive reduced things down to a very basic circuit using a PIC16F1937 on a EB006 (with Ghost) and an EB CAN board connected to port C. Im using an EB led board connected to port A . See attached programme.

The circuit simulates fine. But the hardware doesn't, the LED flashes as it should (indicating that the main loop / processor is running) but the CAN board does not transmit and the CAN LEDs don't flash, Im using a CAN analyser to check the output but it reports no traffic. The CAN LEDs do sometimes flash or stay on for random periods that have no apparent relation to the code. Am I doing / not doing something stupid? I strongly suspect the CAN timing (frequency) is at fault but have no real idea of the problem at the moment.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Regards,
Chris
Attachments
CAN_Test.fcfx
(11.23 KiB) Downloaded 227 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Problems with CAN FC7

Post by Benj »

Hi Chris,

I just tried your program with jumper settings A and 1 and the LED was flashing a bit randomly for me too. I think changed the CS pin property to pin C6 and it all started working as expected. The INT signal is on C0 with Jumper settings A and 1 so maybe just a simple mistake.