Watch Windows or Similar

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

Docara

Watch Windows or Similar

Post by Docara »

Hi All

I have just set up a variable to be used in a loop i.e. count =10, I have added this to the "Simulation Debugger" dialogue box I have also setup a constant and this shows the value. When I run the simulation the variable does not show a count increment or a final count number - should it? If not where do I set up an accurate variable watch windows.

Also, on a slightly connected point, during the above simulation I do not see the pins on the chip change state (1 second delay pulses) like earlier versions again - should it?

Thanks

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Watch Windows or Similar

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I think the variable's current value is shown when any of the following conditions are met.

1) The simulation is running slower than full speed
2) A breakpoint in the program is set and hit
3) The simulation is paused

As for the pins changing state yes these should be working. I've just tested this and the pins on the chip diagram are correctly changing state however the timings look a little off so it could be something to do with the frequency of the redraw.

I'll pass it to one of our engineers and see if they can improve things.

Docara

Re: Watch Windows or Similar

Post by Docara »

HI Ben

Thanks for the reply,

Just to confirm I am showing NO pins changing state during simulation but they show the final (stopped) condition when the simulation has ended.

I think the option of a simple live variable watcher would be Very useful.

Thanks