COM port not showing in flowcode

For Formula AllCode users to discuss projects, programs, and any other issues related to the Formula AllCode robotics platform.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

blinky87

COM port not showing in flowcode

Post by blinky87 »

Hi all

looking at using allcode for enrichment at my school, however, Flowcode v7.3.0.5 does not show anything in the COM dropdown for formula allcode API (and no options for other devices which may use com)

using Win 10

many thanks
Martin

blinky87

Re: COM port not showing in flowcode

Post by blinky87 »

Quick update.
There seems, or rather, I seem to have an issue with COM ports showing in the dropdown on my Macbook running bootcamp and Win 10.
The bluetooth dongle is fine on PC but not with Macbook. I'll keep looking into it.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Not sure why this wouldn't work unless Windows is having problems working with the MAC USB hardware? Do you have the correct chipset drivers installed in Windows? i.e. not just the default Microsoft drivers.

It's been a long time since I played with a MAC, this is the last MAC I owned. Back when PC's only had DOS.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh_II

sundgau

Post by sundgau »

Hello Benj,

To communicate with any connected USB serial devices or any other virtual COM ports, is it possible to have a "Hardware COM port" for the component "Formula Allcode RB4420" as for the component "Formula Allcode API" with possibility of changing the transmission speed.
I would like to communicate two flowcode files: one with the Formula Allcode API "and the other with the" Formula Allcode RB4420 "via a virtual port.
Sorry but I'm still on the flowcode7 version!

De plus

Thank you in advance.

Bruno

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Bruno,

You can add the API component and the embedded simulation component to the same program and then the API component should be able to drive the embedded simulation component.

sundgau

Post by sundgau »

Hi Benj,

Great for the API allcode which allows to simulate the control on flowcode. Now, I have another question; how to simulate other API (labview, pyton ...). I understand that you do not give the firmware fcfx file of the allcode ... but is it possible to have an "encapsulated" version of the firmware for which we would only have the possibility to change the COM port but that would allow us to simulate driving the robot with any code?

Another question, I have some problem with some gearmotors with encoder. Do you have spare parts and at what price or where can I find?

Bruno

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Bruno,

We do have some spare parts available. If you contact our sales team then they should be able to help you out.

Driving the sim from another programming language via a COM port is not currently possible. We are thinking about maybe adding WIFI in the future and this might allow for a scheme to make it possible. I'll think on it.