Encoder Read Values

For Formula AllCode users to discuss projects, programs, and any other issues related to the Formula AllCode robotics platform.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

vivek26

Encoder Read Values

Post by vivek26 »

Hi there,
I am currently involved in a project which requires me to analyze the encoder read values and further utilize them in my program. But, I found that the values are inconsistent as they vary with battery level of the robot. So, I am unable to gather a fixed set and hence unable to analyze . Kindly help me to fix this issue.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Encoder Read Values

Post by Benj »

Hello,

what values are you getting from the different charge levels, are the numbers wildly different or just one or two out.

The motor speeds ramp up and ramp down to try and get the precise encoder count but can overshoot slightly depending on the battery voltage and also the varying motor mechanics from robot to robot.

If the robot is being driven without feedback then the battery voltage will directly impact the speed of the motor and hence the encoder reading will differ.

The encoder read API function is designed to allow you to gauge roughly how far the robot has travelled. For more precise control the Logo type API functions should be used.