ARM USB trouble

For C and ASSEMBLY users to post questions and code snippets for programming in C and ASSEMBLY. And for any other C or ASM course related questions.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

cevcarvalho

ARM USB trouble

Post by cevcarvalho »

I was a happy FLOWCODE 4 for PIC user. However, recently, I made a crossgrade to Flowcode 4 for ARM (professional edition), and at the same time, bought an EB 185 ARM programmer and daughter board, as well as a C for ARM Microcontrollers and ARM ECIO.
Much to my amazement and after following all the recommended procedures my computer doesn't recognize the USB port of the ARM device.
I have Windows 7 (32 bit) installed, and pre-installed the drivers running the "ARMBoardDriverInstaller.exe" file as an administrator and emulating Windows XP. I also put the ARM programmer in program mode (power on, pressed and holded the PROG button switch, followed by a tap in the reset switch). As a last resource, I used an external USB hub, but the final result was the same.
A further attempt was addressed; this time, in another computer with Windows XP installed, but was also unsuccessful, the result being the same.
I'm beginning a little frustrated, and I don’t know what to do more. Any suggestions are welcome.

CC - Portugal :oops:

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: ARM USB trouble

Post by DavidA »

Hello!

Unfortunately with the Flowcode v4 for ARM we had to update the bootloader in the ARM boards as there was no 64bit drivers from ATMEL available, so we created a new bootloader and designed Flowcode v4 for ARM around this new bootloader. This means that the process for updating the bootloader can be frustrating. The ARM bootloaders do no work in the same way as the PIC one, they do not "always" appear in the Device Manager of your computer they only appear for a brief moment unless something is "holding" them in programming mode.

To test if your driver has installed correctlyL:

1) navigate your way to the following area of the Flowcode installation C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode ARM V4\Tools\mLoader

2) once there run the mLoader.exe program

3) plug in your ARM device and then press the reset button while holding the PROG switch it should show that there is a device connected.

To get you running on the updated bootloader at this point it will be easier to do now.

4) Download and unzip the Test.s19 file attached to this post and try and send it to the ARM board, this should update the bootloader and allow you to start using Flowcode v4 for ARMs.

One thing to note im afraid, this updated bootloader does not currently work with C4ARMs, we are at the moment looking to update C4ARMs in the coming few weeks so we should get it working with the new bootloader soon.
Attachments
Test.zip
(12.66 KiB) Downloaded 738 times

cevcarvalho

Post by cevcarvalho »

Thank You. Things are working all right now with FLOWCODE 4 for ARM since I downloaded the bootloader patch. I 'm waiting for the C4ARM update.

Regards.

CC :D

Z.K.

Post by Z.K. »

cevcarvalho wrote:Thank You. Things are working all right now with FLOWCODE 4 for ARM since I downloaded the bootloader patch. I 'm waiting for the C4ARM update.

Regards.

CC :D

Was this ever resolved. I just bought C for ARM and I am having the exact same issue. One would think this would have been resolved after almost two years.

:?