C# to program flowcode buggy?

For C and ASSEMBLY users to post questions and code snippets for programming in C and ASSEMBLY. And for any other C or ASM course related questions.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

cheefei

C# to program flowcode buggy?

Post by cheefei »

Hi there,

I am doing my final year project and would like to know that is that possible for me to use c# to program the flowcode buggy?

If possible, how should i do it?

I will be glad that if someone able to help me out as soon as possible.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: C# to program flowcode buggy?

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Would you be running the C# on the PC and using this to send commands down a communications bus (USB / Bluetooth) to the buggy? Or are you wanting your C# code to run on the buggy itself?

cheefei

Post by cheefei »

I planning to use that on PC to send commands via radio signal to the buggy.
is that possible? or it is compulsory to use flowcode?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

You will need firmware on the buggy to receive the radio signals. This will be written in Flowcode or another embedded language such as C.

The PC side of things can then be written in any language you desire as long as you know how to control the radio via it. We have examples of using VB or Pascal to control embedded devices over USB available as part of our examples download.

cheefei

Post by cheefei »

hello,

so you mean that it is possible to use c# to program the flowcode buggy in PC to control the robot? Do i have to convert the c# file to .hex file?

and as you said in your reply that there are examples download. Do you mind post me the link of it?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

You essentially need two programs. One running on your PC to send out the RF commands. This could be written in C# or the programming language of your selection. As I say we have examples that show how you would use VB.

The second program is the one running on the formula flowcode that receives the RF signals and interprets them. This will need to be written using an embedded compiler such as Flowcode or BoostC etc.

The examples are available to download from here. The VB examples are located in Components/USB Slave.
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/Downloa ... .php?id=63

All4U

Post by All4U »

Hi guys,

I wrote a C# window form program to send and received data from rs232, I used com0com driver to loop back 2 virtual comport and test my C# winform program with some thing like Terminal (hyper)---OK. The question is when I used Flowcode, can I connect my progam with flowcode rs232 components toolbox?, I have look the rs232 ext properties but cannot find where to select the comport?

Thanks!