Fixup overflow at function-call

For C and ASSEMBLY users to post questions and code snippets for programming in C and ASSEMBLY. And for any other C or ASM course related questions.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Andreas

Fixup overflow at function-call

Post by Andreas »

Hi

I am working on a project in FlowCode 7, in which, one of the functions is driven only by assembly.

My program have worked fine, but somewhere I had to do some changes, and I had to change an if-statement from working with ">" to work with ">=", and now I get three fixup-overflow errors, when compiling (I use mplab xc8)

By looking at the msg.txt and .lst files I have found out that the error occurs when calling a certain function. I have attached both files.

It seems like the error occurs at 0x0c6d, 0x0c80, 0x0c93. At all three locations my function FCM_NUL is being called. The first line of this function seems to be at location 07F9 (not sure I have read this correctly from the .lst file, though).

I am using the controller PIC16F88, and by looking at the datasheet, I found out that the three error locations are found at page 1, while the first line of the called function is at page 0 of the program-memory on the chip. I have tried to clear PCLATH <4:3> just before the function call, but without luck.

I am new at fixup-overflow-erros, and at reading the .lst file, so maybe I have done some false assumptions in my investigation of the problem. As a result I hope that someone in here could help me demystifying my error

- Andreas

For your convenience I have also attached an image of the program-memory-map for the PIC
Attachments
Udklip.PNG
(35.34 KiB) Downloaded 3500 times
Kombination af LED og mic V6.1.msg.txt
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
Kombination af LED og mic V6.1.lst.txt
(346.64 KiB) Downloaded 400 times