Compiling Error with WLAN ESP8266

A forums to allow bugs and problems with Flowcode v6 to be reported and resolved.

Moderator: Benj

NI0D

Compiling Error with WLAN ESP8266

Post by NI0D »

I am using Flowcode 6 Pro and PIC 16F877 and receiving an error when compiling that I have never had before. It is C:\Program Files\Flowcode 6\compilers\pic\boostc\boostlink_picmicro.exe reported error code -2.

This error shows up when I use the component macro WLAN_ESP8266. As soon as I put the component macro into the flow chart and initialize I receive this error. If I delete the macro I still get the error until I remove it from the system panel. I have searched the forum for hours and found others with the errors and have tried some of the recommendations such as turning off anti-virus, repair and replace of the software. This is happening with Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10. I even used some software to look at dll files and found a question mark on MSVCR90.dll. Not sure if this is the problem or not. Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks,
Dale

LeighM
Matrix Staff

Re: Compiling Error with WLAN ESP8266

Post by LeighM »

Hi Dale,
Could you try reducing the size of the "Receive Buffer Size" and the "Scan Buffer Size" properties of the WLAN component, say to 64.
If that does not help then please could you attach your project file.
Leigh

NI0D

Post by NI0D »

Hi Leigh,

The program I had was just a LCD macro with start and the WLAN macro with initialize and that was all. I changed the receive and scan buffers to 64 and it compiled with no errors. I then opened up a sample program for a WiFi scan that Benj wrote and changed the buffers to 64 and I am receiving the same error with it. I will attach the file that Benj wrote.

Thanks,
Dale
Attachments
ESP8266_WifiScan.fcfx
ESP8266_WifiScan
(12.13 KiB) Downloaded 240 times

LeighM
Matrix Staff

Post by LeighM »

You probably need to reduce the buffers further, depending upon what other memory allocation is needed,
there's not a lot of RAM on 877

NI0D

Post by NI0D »

Leigh,

I reduced the buffers further and the sample program from Benj is now compiling. Wow. I will have more time tomorrow to continue with it, but it looks like you figured it out for me.

Thanks so much!

Dale